After Sale Lounge

Yeah, been a while since I’ve seen the BF server smoke! What a lockup. I misjudged my refresh timing, had to hit it a second time, and then my reply post just spun and spun and spun….

Yup, it's all about hitting that wave right at the crest. Once I recall that I had to lock and then unlock my own boring run-of-the-mill sales thread, which compared to the pace of Nathan's stuff is like watching the paint dry. Nevertheless, since this new servers migration, that boring old thread took several seconds to unlock IIRC. I wonder if Nathan made a note of the time to unlock at his end?

I refreshed like 2 seconds after 5:00 hit to post and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited ......................................................... then it posted lol.
Sad part is I think I was quicker here than Boot Dagger lol.

I waited 5 and same results more or less, although you did slightly better. I think that the sweet spot is 10+ seconds ;)

Honestly that got my blood pumping faster than anything else yet today! I’m gonna go make a drink…

It's all about the fun mang! I'm pretty sure that everyone who wants one, will eventually get one. With the exception of the really rare stuff like the dagger and things, everything else has been pretty much attainable, some sooner and some later. Kicking Nathan around a bit by sh*t posting is just a part of my repertoire 🤣

oldschool-party.gif

You know, it is dawning upon me that Elliot is a super and can post on any thread he wants, locked or not....

...hummmm

I can...

...but why would I?

Ohhhhh...I get it now.

You mean, to make myself one of the fortunate fifteen?

Well...I once seized ten million in cash at Miami International which was about to be heading to Bolivia aboard a small commercial aircraft. 100 bags of $100,000 each.

I had all $10,000,000 in the trunk of my vehicle. My partner was in his car following me back to the office to lock up the cash in the evidence room for the night until it could be counted.

I called my wife on the brick phone I had at the time and told her if I was a different guy, I'd be telling her to pack a bag and grab a cab to the airport. She asked why and I told her I had ten million reasons, and my partner was behind me in traffic.

We both laughed.

I'm not that guy.

:cool:

Ever run into Tubbs and Crockett down there Blues Blues ? :).

What branch of LE were you btw?
Miami Vice was on from 1984 to 1990. I transferred to Miami in 1987 from NYC. So, I was around for much of it.

One time while they were filming along the Miami River they lost some sham coke overboard and it created quite a stir with various reports of cocaine popping up along the river and various police and federal agencies responding.

One of the guys in my group did a cameo or two on the show, as well as in the movie "Donnie Brasco".

Allegedly, Don Johnson got pulled over by the Highway Patrol one day and tried to show his tv badge to the trooper to get out of the ticket. The trooper looked at him, said "That's fake!" and wrote him up. I can't swear to it.

Cases I've actually worked on have been mentioned in the show "Narcos" on Netflix, and the movie "The Infiltrator" with Brian Cranston. Also had a case on 60 Minutes back in the mid 90's.

I was on the federal side...working narcotics, money laundering, and later on...arms smuggling and various terrorist related matters.

Worked overseas with RCMP, Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) and Brazilian Judicial Police on a handful of cases. Been a member of various federal task forces with a variety of other federal, state and local agencies.

And that's probably way more than enough about my past background. Sorry you asked? 😂

Back