aftermarket car horn ?

I have a Ford Expedition. The factory horn is little whimpy so I ordered a Bad Boyz horn from Harbor Freight. It is supposed to be twice as loud as a factory horn. It is OK but high pitched. I was hoping for something like a caddy horn.
My question is: Could I tap into the original horn wire and run both horns together? I would like a horn that makes people take notice when I blast them! Would the draw be too great?

It is possible to have more than one horn going on at one time. I'd suggest getting a strong compressor, and having multiple horns of different tones (be sure to get those you like the sound of together) all connected. Loud, sound great, and damn sure to get the attention of others.

Just go to a junkyard and strip an old semi's horn rig. My dad hid a set of those under the hood of his 1973 corvette it would set off car alarms from a block away.

My question is: Could I tap into the original horn wire and run both horns together?

Check the fuse on the circuit, but probably yes.

Go to a junk yard and get the horn off an old Caddy (probably a few bucks if you unbolt it yourself) and wire that in.

Back