1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

aftermarket car horn ?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by comet, May 24, 2007.

1. comet

comet

Oct 8, 2002
    I have a Ford Expedition. The factory horn is little whimpy so I ordered a Bad Boyz horn from Harbor Freight. It is supposed to be twice as loud as a factory horn. It is OK but high pitched. I was hoping for something like a caddy horn.
    My question is: Could I tap into the original horn wire and run both horns together? I would like a horn that makes people take notice when I blast them! Would the draw be too great?

2. Evil Eye Earl

Evil Eye Earl

Feb 18, 2006

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  3. zulu45

zulu45

Jul 14, 2006
    It is possible to have more than one horn going on at one time. I'd suggest getting a strong compressor, and having multiple horns of different tones (be sure to get those you like the sound of together) all connected. Loud, sound great, and damn sure to get the attention of others.

4. Knife_Geek

Knife_Geek

Mar 11, 2007
    Just go to a junkyard and strip an old semi's horn rig. My dad hid a set of those under the hood of his 1973 corvette it would set off car alarms from a block away.

5. Gollnick

Gollnick Musical Director

Mar 22, 1999
    Check the fuse on the circuit, but probably yes.

Go to a junk yard and get the horn off an old Caddy (probably a few bucks if you unbolt it yourself) and wire that in.