Aftermarket Liners

gunslinger387

Gold Member
Basic Member
Does anyone make liners for CPK knives? If not is there anyone with the right tools available who is interested in making some? I made a set for an FK2 and absolutely love them. They slightly thicken the grip and add a splash of color. Unfortunately they took me hours because I did them by hand. I would like some more but honestly don’t want to commit the time.

I was going to put this in the buy sell trade but thought there might be some discussion and didn’t want to clog up that thread.

If not interested in doing a lot but want to experiment with a few first please message me so we can work out the details.

Thanks

Seems like a simple press would make this happen if a pattern was made. I'm not at the point to programing a liner via cnc, but I feel like a simple pattern with press could be flipped over to make these in "2d".

I'm not a craftsman level guy, but if people wanted something like this I'd have no problem throwing it on the press. I'm just not willing to make the pattern haha. I have every knife cpk has made excluding the skinner, LC, and dagger(probably should have kept LC..........). With XXL hands I've felt happy with what the cpk crew has to offer.

Is it worth it to crowd source these liners? I dunno my man. Guess we can ask here.

I tried to make a set. The black G10 sheets I got where thin so I clear gorilla glued two sheets together. They bonded tight. Then traced my UF handle scales and began to cut using new sheers. Nearly impossible for me to do well. Also tried a dremel. No go. I couldn’t be accurate and tons of dust that I am pretty sure my cheap mask wasn’t helping me with. G10 = tough stuff. Or maybe I just don’t have the patience for it. I’ll pay good money to anyone who can make me a set.

Yeah, the dust is no joke...I highly recommend getting a respirator even if you just think you might try one or two more times. That stuff does not belong in your lungs and could cause some problems down the road.

For the thinner G10, like I put on my DEK, I actually drilled holes, put them on, scored them with a utility knife then used pliers to break them off close to the scales. I then used the utility knife to scrape them flush. I've used trauma shears to cut the thinner g10 also.

When using a dremel, I always anchor the dremel some way and hold the scales or liners..otherwise the dremel usually runs away from me at least once. I don't mind putting marks on my knives or scales in use, but it infuriates me to do it on accident with a tool.

If things weren't so crazy right now, I'd make a set and send them over to you. I do have some black G10 laying around though-at least one set. PM me if you want them and I'll mail it to you.

Last edited:
Back