Aikuchi and Puggy in Crucible CPM-S60V and red G10

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
Just finished these two up, and tomorrow they'll be off to their new home. The latest in my aikuchi-themed knives, including another Puggy!

These are .280" thick Crucible CPM-S60v, formerly known as CPM-440v, a very high wear resistance stainless steel. The larger of the two has a 6" blade, and Puggy is just shy of 3", and both feature hand polished fullers, hand finished primary bevels and beveled spines. The guards are black G10, and have coined edges. The handles are bright red G10 under the black wrap, and offer a great contrast, I think.

32020250434_51fdfa38b2_b.jpg

Per the customer's request, both blades have the option of an ultrasuede-lined aluminum 'Hartsfield' style sheath, wrapped in gorgeous mahogany bison leather, or an ultrasuede-lined kydex sheath. Here they are shown with their 'Hartsfield' sheaths:

32048378233_a47f56da44_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, gang!

Great job Matt - and nice pictures too :thumbup:

Bill Flynn

cute, like baby otters :)

Matt - those are slick. Love the hand finish and the mahogany leather on the sheath. I think you are really nailing that style of sheath. The subtle curves of the handles are nice, too.

Matt,

You Sir, are doing some fine work! I'm a fan!

Steve
---------
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS AP

Thanks, gang!

fastone052, the handle is a chunky 4-1/2". This is NOT a neck knife! :D

I tried a couple times to reply to your visitor messages, and NEVER received an email from you, that I'm aware of. As I explained to you, it appears as though there are issues with the notification system here on BF:

http://http//www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1462376-Not-receiving-email-notifications

If you're interested in something from me, I urge you to email me directly - - and tell me who you are!!! If your email isn't coming from "fastone052", I won't know it's you unless you say so!

Last edited:
Matt - those are slick. Love the hand finish and the mahogany leather on the sheath. I think you are really nailing that style of sheath. The subtle curves of the handles are nice, too.

No idea why I keep insisting on hand finishing steels with so much vanadium carbide, but I love the way it looks. This stuff has a fabulous luster to it. Really happy with how they turned out!

It took me a while to dial these sheaths in. I didn't get it when I made the first couple. I don't even know if I'm getting it, now, but they're a heck of a lot better. Like most things I do, I did NOT figure it out on my own - I had a lot of help from good friends.

Freaking fantastic. What a cool pair.

I can't help myself. I have these obsessions. I pretty much have to hand finish anything I make (even machetes). I also have to put a bolster on a full tang knife. I may get around that soon, though.
I have my old buddy and ex Special Forces Sgt. helping me design a line of knives. He may get me over that hump.

Matt, I would never ever put black handles against the black background and use one source of light. I'd also not angle the blades away from the light source.

However, I tend to overthink things and overwork things. I'm so glad you did because it looks so !@#$% fantastic.

I learn every day! ;)

And.... the knives are spectacular. :thumbup:

Back