Aizkolariak, Basque axemen competitions and bets, and more

I'm glad you liked it Miller '72 Miller '72 , tight competitions are the best to see.

Take a look to this beech cutting in Bilbao. Jon Rekondo in green Iker Vicente in red, clear view of exterior/interior axe change.

That was tight and thanks for the new video.
I thought for sure that Rekondo was going to pull it off. I thought his form and speed were his advantage.

Everytime I watch i want to get into the mix.

Thank you Ugaldie Ugaldie .

Everytime I watch i want to get into the mix.
Ugaldie Ugaldie .

Me too Miller '72 Miller '72 , but the road to reach to compete with the best is long, doing it perfectly and being the best you will compete this level the third year. You can challenge them to bets but you won't win the most preciated berets there.

Basque axemen league 2018 semi final, one of the hardest axemen event you can find. 6 (not 12 as I first wrote, I confused it with the final) hard knotty beech to cut by each axeman, not funny nor pleasant wood to cut in a competition (knots are aleatory) but great to see and learn.

The axeman who wins this event is one of the best between the best, can you guess his name and how old is he?

Enjoy the video.

https://www.eitb.tv/eu/bideoa/herri...kora--euskal-herriko-txapelketa--kanporaketa/

Last edited:
Me too Miller '72 Miller '72 , but the road to reach to compete with the best is long, doing it perfectly and being the best you will compete this level the third year. You can challenge them to bets but you won't win the most preciated berets there.

Basque axemen league 2018 semi final, one of the hardest axemen event you can find. 6 (not 12 as I first wrote, I confused it with the final) hard knotty beech to cut by each axeman, not funny nor pleasant wood to cut in a competition (knots are aleatory) but great to see and learn.

The axeman who wins this event is one of the best between the best, can you guess his name and how old is he?

Enjoy the video.

https://www.eitb.tv/eu/bideoa/herri...kora--euskal-herriko-txapelketa--kanporaketa/

Good morning Ugaldie Ugaldie

I do have a hunch, XabierOrbegozo, Arria the 5th.

I admit before I watch the video you linked to, I did just have to look back a few posts to get his name correct for my best guess...and personal favorite.
Now I will watch the video you linked.
Thanks Ugaldie Ugaldie !!

Ugaldie Ugaldie
Excellent competition! I did not expect to see 5 men...and boy was I wrong with whom I thought was going to be competing!
Oh well, it was very fun to watch and my boys also watched some as we got ready for their school this morning!! That was well worth being wrong in my hunch to have them watch some with me and asking me questions about the competition, the men, the language and where they are...all great.

Thank you as always sir!

Glad we didn't wager on my guess lol!

good to listen it Miller '72 Miller '72 . It has happened much since my lasts messages. For example half a year ago Xabier Orbegozo competed against Iker Vicente in Iker's first bet. Nowadays the best axemen are Iker Vicente and the great champion of the last years Aitzol Atutxa. Atutxa made quite bad the video you saw, he is much more than he performed there.

Good to see your kids are interested in this sport . Don't worry about making bets with me, I don't use to it. The few times I bet (even if the bet is easy guess) I only bet a meal for both betters.

Spiffing knowledge and fantastic stories in this thread! OP: any change of you continuing this fresh info? Also anyone with pointers on where more info on this and other axe-sports might be available, your input would be most welcome!

Back