Ak Users Question

Have any of you guys who actually use the AK done any mod's to the handle? After clearing out some brush from around the cabin this past week... I noticed that the AK tended to slide in my grip a bit. So I was bored and decided to make the handle much more aggressive. I took a couple of round files and used the existing rope cut by taking every other cut and deepening it another 3/16' or so. It looks great and is much more secure in the had. I'd post some pics but I loaned the family my new camera... they have been at the beach all week. They should be back sunday and I'll get some pics up....

no ak yet. should be here tomorrow. but my ruck, after a while can also get a bit "loose". when my hands start to get sweaty, i just put on some gloves. helps with blistering too.

RADEN: Can you post pics of this when you get a chance? I'd like to see that.

The only mod I did was to sharpen the entire blade on the Edge Pro.

Very soon...real soon...can hardly wait...and then I'll be using an AK!!! :D

Leather gloves (see pic). :thumbup:

Would still love to see the mod though.

BATACLE6.jpg

No mods, but I use a large BCS lanyard wrapped around my hand to lock it in!

that's pretty neat. do they all come with the suunto compass? appears they do, but cant tell for sure.

Yes, they do. The actual cases come in two different lengths and different colors, but they all have the Suunto compass.

There's a long but interesting story about K&M Lunders quest for a decent compass. It's worth a few minutes to check it out IMO.

I can't wait to get my mitts on my AK...it's Black micarta on UG blade with a Gray Kydex sheath from Buy Brown....I've been wanting one ever since using Tyrkon's :D

Back