AKTI certification.

nozh2002

BANNED
I start this on blade discussion, but like to have it here also:

CATRA test machine exist for years and privatly used by at least Buck and Spyderco. I am wondeing why there are no public CATRA testing?

I think that public testing using industrial equipment may resolve a lot of questions about blade or steel performance.

In computer industry nobody afraid of having one or other benchmarks for compilers, processors etc. Why knife industry are not open in the same way? We can fight religious war here about one or other super knife or super steel, while simple run on this machine can give at least clearification for certain parameter - like edge retention.

However we'll have still a lot of chanses to fight religious war in toughnes or overall design area. But edge retention will be out of questions - of course PR person will have to deal with it, as they dealing with it for computer benchmarks, but some reasonable data will be awailable.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I think AKTI perfect camdidate to do this and I think responsible manufacturers can provide knives for this testing and pay for it also.

It may be AKTI certificate for knives and manufacturers should pay for sertification and if several major manufcturers join this effort - Spyderco, Buck, Kershaw, Benchmade then everybody else will just have to do this... In result everybody will benefits especially consumers, except somebody who produce bad knives...

I think there are a lot of people here who may make it happen...
--------------------------------------------------
I think AKTI will most who benefit this and came to be more powerfull then it is now in result.

Thanks, Vassili.

Back