Alabama "jungle" school coming

Sounds very cool. I've very comfortable up here in the NE, whatever the time of year. Swamp would be a cool challenge.

I'm definitely interested in the upcoming class you'll have. Just waiting on you scheduling as per our email conversations.

Cahaba? If I'm not mistaken, I have a picture taken on the river from almost this very spot. Water looks to be up a little bit from the rains recently. Jeff, is this near Sprott? I camp about ten minutes from there every year. Nice hiking in the western Talladega Nat'l Forest. Woot!

alabama-school3.jpg

Hey Jeff, which class of yours do u recommend as a first time survival training class? I live in socal and i really need to get the eff out of here!

That looks like an awesome spread. Im interested in the class and will be awaiting specifics. A week in the swamps sounds like just what I need.

Class price will include lodging Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night at the bunk house on the property, meals (breakfast and dinner) for Monday and Tuesday (Wednesday and Thursday will be in the swamp eating what you can and sleeping there) and a game cookout on Friday evening at the bunk house when the course is over with. Normal price without lodging for our class is 800 bucks. This first class will be 1000 bucks and includes everything. Patrick, Jimmy and I still have to put together the course schedule and all that will be covered. Should have that on the web site after the April Woodland class. Maybe sooner. Who knows. Tentative class dates are September 19th - 23rd. Students would arrive at the proeprty on the evening of the 22nd and be ready to get started by 7 AM Monday morning after breakfast. Should be completely finished by 3 PM on Friday and head back to the bunk house for a hog roastin'

The Aprtil class is more comprehensive and covers general survival in a wider range. The swamp school is going to be dedicated to swamp survival. There will be some cross-over, such as land nav and some of the fire building but the rest will be all about swamps and tropics.

Who knows. Tentative class dates are September 19th - 23rd. Students would arrive at the proeprty on the evening of the 22nd and be ready to get started by 7 AM Monday morning after breakfast. Should be completely finished by 3 PM on Friday and head back to the bunk house for a hog roastin'

I foresee a Birthday present to myself, since my bday is on the 22nd:)

Still sounds like fun. My ESEE4 could be considered color coordinated so if I go I'll leave it at home and let mlrs take point. I love it when pu...i mean people volunteer. :D

I'm not a pu... well you know. I just figured I would volunteer so no one gets thier feelings hurt by being called out.

mlrs

Back