Alan Warren anybody?

Just ordered a 7.5" neck knife with forest green g10 and cpm154 steel from knivesshipfree. Ran me $350. Anyone have any good experience with his knives. Very hard to find any reviews at all out there. Thanks. I'll post pictures Thursday once it arrives.

Which Al Warren? As I understand, there are two of them. I have a stockman from Al Warren, the one that has warrenknives.com and I love it. He makes very useable knives. He's in California. The other al warren is in Oregon. I've heard he makes great knives but I have no personal experience with his.

Alan is on the forum. I really love his little fixed blades and have been dying to pick one up. He is moving I think to Idaho from Oregon. Check the For Sale by Maker forum, he had a couple recently sold there.

Just ordered a 7.5" neck knife with forest green g10 and cpm154 steel from knivesshipfree. Ran me $350. Anyone have any good experience with his knives. Very hard to find any reviews at all out there. Thanks. I'll post pictures Thursday once it arrives.
I bought one from the same run I absolutely love it!15473109664855465202666515689225.jpg

Yes!!! I'll post pictures of mine early morn after work. Mine has same sheath. Is it some sort of kydex or a hardened leather?

I think they are completely leather but I think he just uses a really hard grade. I did read somewhere where the welt is made of some type of shoe sole leather so that cam holds up through years of use. Mine has stretched a tad bit and has broken in nicely. I also have a custom on order that I'll get in August. Very excited for that. They are definitely some of the nicest knives I have ever seen and have put my standards for fit and finish through the roof! That's saying a lot because all my knives get used I don't have any safe queens. I just appreciate well-executed knife!

Looks great! I think the proportions on them are perfect.
I tell people you really can't know understand how nice an Alan Warren knife is until you actually hold one. I took a shot on this one and I now treasure it. Amazing knife. Right up there with my Randall made, quality wise that is

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell people you really can't know understand how nice an Alan Warren knife is until you actually hold one. I took a shot on this one and I now treasure it. Amazing knife. Right up there with my Randall made, quality wise that is
Yes I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
have owned two of his knives and absolutely love them. Unfortunately the one I keep in my van was stolen while my wife was getting an oil change for the van. I didn't notice it missing until I needed it 4-5 weeks after the fact. I intend to confront the manager of the shop with a picture. Don't expect any resolution of the theft.
Anyway, my favorite of the two is probably the exact knife that the original poster said he ordered. I have 5-6 fixed blades and 18-20 pocket knives and Alan's knife is one of my favorites. Been awhile since I attached a picture to a post so we will se if it goes through where you can see it.
{seems as if I figured out how to get the picture posted below. Next time I'll lower the resolution a bit}

Last edited:
Alan%20Warren%20knife_zpsin0qdlqn.jpg

Last edited:
Alan Warren # 194.file:///var/folders/pf/ps0kcqqx24jgcd8pzvfjjbv40000gn/T/com.apple.Safari/WebKitDropDestination-JJPk3ty7/IMG_0412.jpeg

Last edited:
Back