Albers Cutlery Company

I do certainly apologize for my typo.

"my intention is to to cast shade on you..."
SHOULD HAVE READ
"my intention is NOT to cast shade on you..."

And I apologize to anyone else who may have read that the wrong way.

I do certainly apologize for my typo.

"my intention is to to cast shade on you..."
SHOULD HAVE READ
"my intention is NOT to cast shade on you..."

And I apologize to anyone else who may have read that the wrong way.

...and? Do you have me confused with someone else? Or do you have answers to any of my questions concerning your fabrication about me turning down some knife Eric "reached out to me" to offer to make?

Back to the topic of Eric's knives - I've been alternating between this one and a Mustang daily for the past several weeks. I love everything about it! I sincerely hope that everyone who wants to try one of these has their day in the sun!
Mvba6KA.jpg

Back to the topic of Eric's knives - I've been alternating between this one and a Mustang daily for the past several weeks. I love everything about it! I sincerely hope that everyone who wants to try one of these has their day in the sun!
Mvba6KA.jpg
Very nice. That's how you finish micarta.

Reactions: AnW
Very nice. That's how you finish micarta.
Agreed. When I see the other covers posted here, I think I should have gotten a different one (especially that cat scratch Jigged bone) but then I pull this one back out and come to realize I did alright with my selection.

I definitely plan to buy more of these in the future but I'm going to wait a while so other folks can take my place in line. (Also my wife's glares when I get the mail and there's another knife box in it are getting more and more frightening).

I don't have any of these, yet, although I have some Red Trouts which appear to be the same pattern and were made by Eric. Any of you have a Red Trout? Pretty comparable?

Agreed. When I see the other covers posted here, I think I should have gotten a different one (especially that cat scratch Jigged bone) but then I pull this one back out and come to realize I did alright with my selection.

I definitely plan to buy more of these in the future but I'm going to wait a while so other folks can take my place in line. (Also my wife's glares when I get the mail and there's another knife box in it are getting more and more frightening).

Where is the end of the line so I can get into it?

Reactions: AnW
I don't have any of these, yet, although I have some Red Trouts which appear to be the same pattern and were made by Eric. Any of you have a Red Trout? Pretty comparable?
I also have one Red Trout from each of the two runs. I'll take a pic tonight of the three together. As much as I like the Red Trout knives, this one seems like another step towards custom. I believe it's a hair larger at least it feels that way.

I think it would be good to know how the ordering works.

I likely missed it but I didn't even realize these were available yet and then all of a sudden people are posting their gorgeous new knives and everything is out of stock. I understand the restricted availability just wondering how that process is going to look...?

I also have one Red Trout from each of the two runs. I'll take a pic tonight of the three together. As much as I like the Red Trout knives, this one seems like another step towards custom. I believe it's a hair larger at least it feels that way.
I agree with you. On closer inspection, I think it is a hair bigger, not as much as it appears in my photo, which is partially due to the angle I took the photo (the picture got rotated). It also seems a bit more custom level quality.

same here, 2 Red Trouts. wondering about the pull strength on these new Albers knives, the second run Red Trout is pretty stiff for me (though i like & use it).

same here, 2 Red Trouts. wondering about the pull strength on these new Albers knives, the second run Red Trout is pretty stiff for me (though i like & use it).
I believe the pulls are very similar between the three but I'll double check this evening.

A question for the ages! My advice is sign up for his newsletter and follow this thread.

I think it would be good to know how the ordering works.

I likely missed it but I didn't even realize these were available yet and then all of a sudden people are posting their gorgeous new knives and everything is out of stock. I understand the restricted availability just wondering how that process is going to look...?

AnW AnW nailed it. This is exactly how I got mine. Signed up for the newsletter. Followed along here. Recieved notification of in stock items. Linked straight to his website from the email "see what's in store" and made my purchase. Easy peasy :)

Back