Albers Cutlery Company

I think I have come up with a way to get one of Eric’s knives. Just stay awake from now until the drop logged into his website and constantly refresh it so you can be there for the drop. That way you at least have a chance of getting a knife.

:)

Albers1.JPG

With its cousin:
Albers2.JPG

Lousy indoor pics because:
April 20 2021 snow1.JPG

I like the katalox better in person than I did in the pics. I like the slight texture it has. Other than a slightly off center blade, which doesn't bother me, f&f is excellent. Well done Eric thumb.gif thumb.gif

The snow has increased since I took the pic. Its really coming down now :eek: I've lived in Missouri since 1984 and this is the latest I've ever seen it snow here.

I saw the Micarta variations were still available, but passed... good luck guys.

Glad to see these lasting a while (relatively speaking) for folks who want to get one. I really don’t need one, but I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the black-and-brown Micarta several times now. :D

There is a LOT of competition in the fixed blade market. All kinds of high-end steel and exotic handle material by skilled makers with reasonable prices... Whereas with slipjoints, exotic covers may be common, but high-end steel is woefully underused, and the price on custom pieces can very quickly skyrocket to astronomical prices.

I thought you guys might have a little reprieve from the craziness of an Alber's drop, but it doesn't look to be the case, lol. Only one style of Micarta left, so these are set to sell out in under 30 minutes. I'm slightly (pleasantly) surprised to see these going as quickly as they are, but I really shouldn't be. I've got a couple of examples of Eric's work so I know what the guy can do.

I missed the camel thorn:(

looking forward to some more exotic woods in the next batch Eric!

@ea42 Congratulations Eric on the success of your first fixed blade release. They look fantastic, and will be good hard working knives for those that have purchased one. Showed the website to an old hunting mate of mine, he was super impressed and said they would be fantastic hunting knives. I think i mentioned in a previous post that these would walk out your door:rolleyes:.

I’m super exited about these fixed blades! The burgundy micarta is coming to my house soon. A perfect size to edc from the field to the house/kitchen. CPM154 sharpens like a razor too.

I’m super exited about these fixed blades! The burgundy micarta is coming to my house soon. A perfect size to edc from the field to the house/kitchen. CPM154 sharpens like a razor too.
Give us a road report how it performs, i'm really interested particularly in the field and the kitchen. Glad you got one.:).

Back