Albers Cutlery Company

I just retrieved my Stag from the mailbox - I am very, very pleased.

The Stag has beautiful color and texture and is just the right thickness for me - not too thin and not too thick, while still giving me plenty of substance in hand. The action is superb and the pull is a solid 7, maybe even close to an 8 - for me, that's pretty perfect. This is a really well made knife, in superb materials, at an incredible price. I can't really find any flaws, though if I am nitpicking, I did note that I will need to be mindful when closing due to blade rap - not an issue and one that will remedy itself after a few tune-ups on the stones.

It's interesting to note the difference between the Albers and the CSC. Though the frame is overall the same (maybe a bit broader with the Albers), the blades are markedly different. Eric put a much fuller blade on these Albers knives - something I appreciate a lot, it makes for a more substantial feeling knife. Also, these have half stops, where the CSC knife has a cam tang - no preference either way in that regard, I like them both.

Overall, I am happy to have both in my stable and I applaud Eric on an excellently made knife - I sincerely hope there will be more in my future.

3KMlWCr.jpg

fCkMLxr.jpg

Mine just arrived in time as a birthday (tomorrow) gift to myself. The quality, craftsmanship and materials are stunning, thanks Eric.42740C1B-FDE4-4D4D-B65F-F6DFEBA0F7C9.jpeg05BE66DB-211A-45EF-9EBD-904CFDE97C88.jpegACCDA92F-5D54-4E16-A782-A0091991C232.jpeg
It’s hard to photograph but I wasn’t the luckiest with the stag. One side is perfect but the other side gets so thin it’s almost as thin as the liner.

Mine just arrived in time as a birthday (tomorrow) gift to myself. The quality, craftsmanship and materials are stunning, thanks Eric.View attachment 1726045View attachment 1726043View attachment 1726044
It’s hard to photograph but I wasn’t the luckiest with the stag. One side is perfect but the other side gets so thin it’s almost as thin as the liner.
That stag looks like....well....stag.
It's the hardest material to keep equal on both sides because of the nature of it.
I think you make it your own and enjoy it.

That stag looks like....well....stag.
It's the hardest material to keep equal on both sides because of the nature of it.
I think you make it your own and enjoy it.
Yes I know that’s the nature of the beast. It’s still beautiful though.

Mine just arrived in time as a birthday (tomorrow) gift to myself. The quality, craftsmanship and materials are stunning, thanks Eric.View attachment 1726045View attachment 1726043View attachment 1726044
Man, I truly love that deep swale/channel in your Stag!!! I really see that as a testament to the cutler that he is a master of his Craft!!! and Eric, I'm not tryin to flatter you so I can get in on the next batch ;) 😁 but hey, if it works, I'm not complaining as I'm honored to own the ebony I have today :)

But seriously, I feel a quality cutler shows his skill at getting that stag so thin as to not grind through and ruin that gorgeous Stag cover. I love that and feel you hit the jack pot with that one and I understand how Stag is a very subjective topic.

I just retrieved my Stag from the mailbox - I am very, very pleased.

The Stag has beautiful color and texture and is just the right thickness for me - not too thin and not too thick, while still giving me plenty of substance in hand. The action is superb and the pull is a solid 7, maybe even close to an 8 - for me, that's pretty perfect. This is a really well made knife, in superb materials, at an incredible price. I can't really find any flaws, though if I am nitpicking, I did note that I will need to be mindful when closing due to blade rap - not an issue and one that will remedy itself after a few tune-ups on the stones.

It's interesting to note the difference between the Albers and the CSC. Though the frame is overall the same (maybe a bit broader with the Albers), the blades are markedly different. Eric put a much fuller blade on these Albers knives - something I appreciate a lot, it makes for a more substantial feeling knife. Also, these have half stops, where the CSC knife has a cam tang - no preference either way in that regard, I like them both.

Overall, I am happy to have both in my stable and I applaud Eric on an excellently made knife - I sincerely hope there will be more in my future.

3KMlWCr.jpg

fCkMLxr.jpg
Congrats on those two beautiful knives!
Eric knows how to make great knives. 👍

Back