Alcohol Stove Kits

Looking to pick up an already together alcohol stove kit.

Pot, burner, windscreen, fuel all in one package

anyone have ideas for these?

Why not make your own? I like the "Super Cat" stoves for their simplicity and effectiveness. Instead of a catfood can, I found a slightly larger and thicker can that burns longer. I keep my favorite one in a small stowaway pot with matches and a 4oz. squirt bottle of alcohol. The kit will pack into a GI canteen cover with room to spare.

I have the mini trangia and it's decent. The windscreen is a little less then desirable for strong winds but they have bigger versions that have better windscreens.

+1 on making your own, and +1 on the "super cat". I have mine stored in a titanium cup with a small alcohol bottle, and an aluminum windscreen. Weigh next to nothing and really efficient burner, provided you're not in high altitudes. I used this kit on two 5 days outings, one in the Eastern Townships of Canada, and the other on the West Highland Way in Scotland. Very reliable, tough, light, efficient, and cheap setup (except for the titanium pot but you gotta give somewhere :p)!

Mini Trangia for lightweight.

The Models 25 and 27 are way heavy.

Trangia burner itself is excellent.

It's fun to build your own, but if you are bent on kick'n back and letting someone else do the work try whiteboxstoves or minibulldesigns:)

yeah I know, I will end up making one for myself but was just seeing if there was already assembled kit that I could use

thanks for the help so far

I've been using a whitebox Solo stove combo w/ included windscreen, and have no real complaints. Works ok with my GSI Glacier SS cup, though I really need something a little bigger to make more efficient use of my fuel.
May do something about that later in the year. It has gotten very little use, since I didn't get it until this year, and the weather was already warming up(cold camp, meals, drinks for me when it's hot).

You can get a small aluminum pot or SS cup for a lot less than $50. I wouldn't mind a ti pot, but how high speed do we need to be about boiling a pint of water? Only makes sense to me if you're gram counting, and all your other stuff is ultralight, too. I'm actually moving in that direction for some of my gear, and it still barely makes any sense. We're talking an extra $40+ for a couple of ounces difference, and maybe some slight fuel savings due to increased heat transfer. I haven't quite reached that point, personally...

I am looking to buy the Mini Trangia when I next come to the US or England
The reviews are excellent
Small, light and self contained

I will get some heavy weight aluminum foil for a wind screen for a buck

It costs $35 and comes with a 0.8 lt pot and a frying pan and wieghs 12 oz

Last edited:
I blew a $20 bill for the dented display model of Snow Peak's Trek 700 titanium. It was money very well spent.

Bottom line: I'd rebuy it again in a heartbeat if I lost my current one. If you can afford it, just do it.

I won a white box stove in a contest, and it's really quite nice. Good burn time.

Pulled the trigger on a trangia set up along with a Snow Peak 700

should be here in a couple days

I'll post up pics of the setup and my review

Another vote for the White Box. I recommend a primer pan with it, like the one made by Trail Designs.

Can't go wrong with the Trangia though. I pair mine with a military canteen kit, and it works great.

Edit: trade's post reminded me I needed to pick up an Original White Box. The one I've used so far is the Solo.

Last edited:
Back