Alcohol Stove Kits

I've had a Vargo Decagon for two years and it's great. Very simple design and it weighs nothing. I built my own wind screen from tin. It all fits inside of my mug/pot.

Try Clikstand combos. ie Clikstand Brunton combo or Rio Grande Combo. They are light weight and the stove stores in the pots.

Last edited:
Minibull stuff is really really good stuff. I have all of the Vargo stoves as well. They're pretty good too. Here is a review of the Minibull Bongo Pro 2:
[video=youtube;tI0Uhu9DfHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0Uhu9DfHg[/video]

Another good video
What a great stove!
But they are not cheap

I looked at his website
Very confusing to know how to order a less expensive stove, and what extras you need to make a kit
He presumes you know his products
So I did not order anything

I've got a trangia and an emberlit. I can use it with wood or fuel so it seems like a perfect pair for different fuel options.

P1010418.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010417.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010413.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010407.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010400.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010395.jpg
[/IMG]

The Ka-Bar forum currently has a contest going with a White Box Stove as the prize.

Neeman,

I have two of his stoves that I need to put up for sale. (Minibull) let me know if you are interested.

TF

Dang. I wound up ordering that one because I had a 30% off email that was still valid.

I also had a coupon. $25.00 buck shipped was a good deal, even if the stove sucks, the aluminum pots alone are worth that much.

I also had a coupon. $25.00 buck shipped was a good deal, even if the stove sucks, the aluminum pots alone are worth that much.

You and I got some of the last ones. Sold out now. Heck you can get a replacement Trangia for about $17 shipped.
I may try soldering or patching the stove if that top crimp leaks as so many reviewers point out. Shouldn't be too hard.
I'm also intrigued by this, although it is considerably more $$. Titanium burner that can sub for a Trangia stove.

evernew-titanium-alcohol-stove.jpg

sterno stove.jpgburner.jpgHas any ony tried the sterno stove, I got mine online for under $8. I like it for the fact that it is the only after market stove that i've found that will alow me to use both civillian and military Trangia burners, plus my scott henderson version of the Pepsi stove fits nicely also. sterno stove folds flat and only weight's onces.

Pics. borrowed online

You and I got some of the last ones. Sold out now. Heck you can get a replacement Trangia for about $17 shipped.
I may try soldering or patching the stove if that top crimp leaks as so many reviewers point out. Shouldn't be too hard.
I'm also intrigued by this, although it is considerably more $$. Titanium burner that can sub for a Trangia stove.

evernew-titanium-alcohol-stove.jpg

I've used mine a bit now, and the stove doesn't leak. Their is a rubber gasket inside the screw top, and it holds fuel in tight.

The whole kit functions better with a windscreen, however.
I've tried a few different fuels too, and I like denatured alcohol best. Others produce too much soot and blacken the pots.

If you want really good efficiency then the Caldera Cone that matches your pot works REALLY well. I got one for my MSR Titan Kettle and boiling 2 cups of water is easy enough from 1/2 oz of denatured alcohol.

Macintosh,
Ya, I've used the Sterno stove. It's ok, but is not efficient at all. I have a triagia too for an alcohol stove because you can seal it up with unused fuel but the best bang for the buck I've seen so far is the Emberlit. It's really nice to be able to not have to carry fuel at all, plus is super efficient.

Macintosh,
Ya, I've used the Sterno stove. It's ok, but is not efficient at all. I have a triagia too for an alcohol stove because you can seal it up with unused fuel but the best bang for the buck I've seen so far is the Emberlit. It's really nice to be able to not have to carry fuel at all, plus is super efficient.
Milani74 thanks for your reply i was wondering if you have used the sterno stove with the trangia burners instead of sterno. mine seemed to work well with my military trangia. another stove i'am waiting on is the evernew titanium cross,made for the TI burner posted above but will work with the trangia civillian and military burners

evernew03 Ti burner & Ti cross stove.jpg click on pic. for larger image

Ya, I saw those from your other post. It looks like a very clever way to support your pot with the trangia. To be honest though, I dont carry my alcohol stove since getting that Emberlit but I did use the sterno stove with it. It worked decent, but the sterno stove didnt direct the heat well. I like the cost and the versatility of the sterno stoves. They certainly are a viable trail stove.

I've used mine a bit now, and the stove doesn't leak. Their is a rubber gasket inside the screw top, and it holds fuel in tight.

Mine leaks ever so slightly. Not at the gasket, but on the outer rim where the brass is crimped. That same culprit was indicated in the reviews I read.
I just replaced the Esbit stove with a Trangia stove until I can get around to soldering the Esbit.

Hey Guyon,

JB Weld is good to 600 degrees F and has worked well and survived on a "Pepsi Can" stove I made. You may not have to solder your stove.

Back