• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Aldo in General

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Well, I know where I will be buying steel from next time, and all the times after that! Aldo. Period, end of story.
Guys, new guys like myself in particular, listen. If you have any doubts about the man, call him. He just spent 36 (!!!) minutes on the phone with me answering every question I had, confirming info I already had, and giving me new information I needed. I was absolutely blown away. No automated answering service, just three rings and, "This is Aldo.". Pretty freaking cool. He blew Enco, onlinemetals.com, flatground.com, and amtektool's prices out of the water on O1. He would be getting my business based on price, but he makes me want to buy from him even if the prices were higher based on customer service alone. I can get Enco steel in less than 24 hours on a weekday (extremely short ship time where I'm at), but I don't care if it takes two weeks to get here from Aldo, I'm buying from him!

I know I'm confirming what a lot of you already know, but if there is someone on the fence, hopefully this will get them off it. Let's make some knives!!

Just to chime in a bit, he has been extremely helpful to me in emails as well. I will be buying any of the types of steel he carries from Aldo.

Good to hear, I just made my first order with him on the net last night. Im liking that he has 52100 in flat stock, might save my arm from forgin blades all the way down from round bars!

He takes care of you, and that matters quite a bit in today's world. I had an issue due to some miscommunication, he went above and beyond to make it right, in a manner that even I thought was grossly over-proportioned to the difficulty. If I buy blade steel, there is no one else I would even consider.

Compaired to others, I haven't bought a lot of steel from Aldo.... but he makes me feel like I'm his best customer! He calls me! He is the best supplier, hands down and a good friend from the moment you speak to him.

He needs to change his name to Baldo, though. Incidentally, we have the same hat size.... and taste in fashion accessories.

Yep, Aldo is THE MAN when it comes to steel... I don't buy a lot compared to others, but I don;t buy from anyone else...

Aldo is the man. If you guys aren't aware of the military builds we are doing on KnifeDogs, you probably don't know the half of it. He has donated steel for over 100 knives to be made by volunteer makers and given to active duty military personnel in harm's way. He dosen't publicise that very much, but his support on those projects alone has made him one of my favorite guys in the industry.
If you aren't buying from him after reading that, you might want to keep that fact to yourself, lest we think you unpatriotic...

I have been buying steel from Aldo since his first batch of 1084, He has never sold me bad steel, and has always had the best quality, and some of his steels he is the only one who has them, on more common steels he has the best price and service. I have a couple of hundred pounds of seel in my basement that I have purchased from him, and will continue to buy more

-Page

Aldo is the best!

I really like dealing with Aldo, you can tell he really cares and that means a lot to me. On top of that his prices and steel are the best as well!

I buy all my high carbon and my CPM 154 off of him. I recently bought some stainless off of Alpha and I get my 0-1 from Amtek. Wish Aldo had a better selection of 0-1 with Amtek's pricing! He told me a while back that's he's working on the 0-1, I can't wait!

Quite a few years back, this funny looking Italian guy with a crooked grin, from NJ, came to a hammer-in. He watched and walked around talking to folks like Bill Moran and many others. He heard the questions about where to buy steel and how to know what the carbon content was. The light went on in his head, and he thought, "If I have the steel made to order, and sell it to these guys, I could lose my a$$ in the deal."
Being Italian and from New jersey, that didn't seem like an obsticle....so he had 11,000 pounds of 1084 smelted.
Ten+ years later he seems to have more a$$ than ever, has not become rich and arrogant, and he is still a great guy. What were the odds that that would happen.
He is a great guy, and a good sport. And as far as honesty and character, I would trust him with Rick's wife.

You ought' to hear our phone conversations..A hillbilly and a NJ plummer......Imagine Larry the Cable Guy and Super Mario talking about steel..

...And as far as honesty and character, I would trust him with Rick's wife.
I thought you said you liked the man... why would you condemn him to my fate? Oh well... it gets lonely in this cage.

Putting together an order for some 1084. Already knew that Aldo was the man to call on this deal. Finding out about his donations over at Knifedogs clinches the deal.

Aldo is the man! Simply the best customer service around!

I actually ordered from him again today.

Back