1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Aldo in General

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Brian.Evans, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Bill Hoffman

Bill Hoffman

Jan 2, 2006
    +1 here. Finest kind, both steel and person.:thumbup:

Bill

2. Don Nguyen

Don Nguyen

Oct 4, 2011
    Just ordered my first steel from Aldo earlier today. I am excited.

3. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    You might give him a call. He ha the O1 I wanted and beat AmTek as well. :)

Also, whomever said the thing about Mario and Larry the Cable Guy made me laugh out loud. Very funny.

The KnifeDog deal clinches it for me as well. Hats off to Aldo again, this time for a different reason.

4. Don Nguyen

Don Nguyen

Oct 4, 2011
    Holy cow. Shipped not even half a day later.

5. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004
    Got some W2 from him today, and it was about 2x as thick as I expected. It didn't really make a difference to me cause I was going to squish it out on my press anyways, but it was nearly twice as much steel as I paid for. I called and a lady answered. I told her that the steel was fine, but I didn't want to cheat him out of any money. She sounded a little perplexed as to why I would even call and said "If if works for you, keep it!"
    All steel from Aldo always.
    (unless he doesn't have it, and that list seems to be shrinking)

6. Jdthompson2010

Jdthompson2010

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm about to order some of his 1084 for my second knife. Everything I've read on this forum about him makes it an easy decision.

7. xmtgx

xmtgx

May 11, 2007
    Check back with him on the O-1. Hes got a ton of it now.

8. S.Knowles

S.Knowles

Sep 30, 2005

More like.... all six of the cats tits!

Shawn

9. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999

Howabout, The Gorilla's nipples? :D

10. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    Aldo is one of the nicest people on the planet. He always spends so much time on the phone with me, talking steel and passing along invaluable information that I feel bad for keeping him from work. I just ordered a big order of 1095 so I can finish this 2 pound requirement for Peters.

For the record, he does have a TON of O1.

11. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    No question, Aldo rocks :thumbup:

12. mete

mete

Jun 10, 2003
    Sounds like most of you have been bribing Aldo with Guanciale !

13. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I have some Aldo 5160 that I practically stole from another member (I picked the bar up in person, and he tried to give it to me!).

Good stuff.

Aldo has contributed to this forum for sure!

14. Mike Davis

Mike Davis

Feb 7, 2006
    Aldo is great people. I enjoy our chats and had a great time hanging out with him in Ashokan...Great, generous fella.

15. SteelSlaver

SteelSlaver

Feb 17, 2007
    I am away from home and shop working at my old job. Miss knife making and decided to do a couple knives making with basic tools. Ordered some 1084 from Aldo the other day and got some Ziricote blocks from the for sale section. Have a vise, drill, 4 1/2 grinder. Getting good file, sand paper, colbys and a step drill. Haven't decided on how I am going to take care of the HT, but, knew Aldos 1084 leaves my options wide open.

16. mgysgthath

mgysgthath

Dec 15, 2009
    Aldo's ears must be burning by now ! :p

17. Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Feb 6, 2007
    Earlier tody I placed my second order for some more of Aldo's steel. Have used 1084 and 52100 so far, and both are great.
    Thanks Aldo!
    Bruce

18. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 6, 2009
    I ordered some 2" & 3" wide 5160 from him and when the package arrived the bars were 3" & 4" wide for the price of 2" & 3" stuff. When I called him he asked, " well you have a band saw don't ya"? When I said yes he said, "well go make some knives". When I ordered form him again yesterday he was worried about the cost of steel and having to increase his prices. I told him to please make enough money to stay in business so he could continue to provide the knifemaking community with the much needed service he is providing. Aldo for president. HEHEHE

19. b_rogers

b_rogers

Sep 25, 2011

He said the same thing to me about some extra I recieved. "Well..go make some knives with it" I told him I would make some mediocre ones at best. If you are ever down this way Aldo, dinner and a Pit bull mauling (optional) is on me.

20. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Just placed my first order. Three pieces of O1 and one of A2. Enough for 12 planned knives with 8" of 3/16x1 1/4" O1 left over for a new design. This should be fun!