1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

All ASH-1 Variants - pics, please!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Kenneth F Huls, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    That post is actually in the "Sticky's" ya just gotta look around...;)

tuica and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  2. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Well, I did say I was not really that savvy with this forum-thing! thanks!

tuica likes this.
  3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Here's my 2007 Special HOG Edition ASH-1, right after I stripped off the muddy coating (to reveal what appears to be double cut underneath):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  4. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    NICE, John! Thanks for posting! Very cool!

tuica likes this.
  5. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Well, I guess it's time for this old hog to take some photos - I have one in particular that you will like (as to which ASH1 it is, a clue is Tony the Tiger). ;):D

Kenneth F Huls and lmcq784 like this.
  6. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Oh. No. No, no, no, no, no . . . .

You REALLY have it?! :D Greeeeen with envy, Old Hog. Green with envy.

Simply cannot wait to see her! :thumbsup::p Please????

7. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Frosted flakes ASH1?

I'm waiting.

8. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    And here is it is with its original muddy coat:

[​IMG]

rexromic, Kenneth F Huls and duramax like this.
  9. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Is this the one you mean? This is the photo from when I bought it; I will take some better pics.

ASH1customs.jpg

:D Frosted with tiger stripes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Kenneth F Huls and duramax like this.
  10. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Uh. Yeah. That would be the one. Man oh man is that sweeeeet! Very first thing I am ordering if and when the Custom Shop ever opens its doors again to us mere mortals. PLEASE, please take some cool pics! :cool: I cannot get enough of those (I hear there are less than 5 of them).

And you are so coy, man:rolleyes:! You lay that pic out there with no mention of that amazingly sweet G-Rex on the bottom (and I am really picky about that handle treatment, rarely liking it) like it is totally normal to have sitting around ;). Hey, I have the twin of the second from the top thanks to RichardW! That is, if she is a middy.

11. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Bring on the pics of your suhweeeet Frosted, Nuked ASH-1, gk4ever2! Pleeeeeease?!

12. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Hopefully later today I can take some photos. I was very busy this past week. There are a couple of other custom ASH1s I will try to include.

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  13. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    ". . . a couple of other custom ASH1s I will try to include." Now THAT is quite a tease! :p I don't know if anything can top a Nuked, Frosted ASH1, but I look forward to all the pics you can manage to post! :cool:

Time permitting, naturally. I understand busy. No worries, though the anticipation is in fact killing me :confused:.

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    My camera is currently in India (I am not) so not much photography from me for a bit....

15. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Sounds like a story there!

Andy, the 4th ASH1 down in gk4ever2's pic above looks like it is the same G10 , though G rex'd, as on your favorite ASH1 as posted recently elsewhere. Is that right? What colors are those supposed to be? Really nice. Wish it was still a thing!

16. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The Princess of Darkness (Mrs Andy) is holidaying in India....and I said hell no ;)

Yes I saw that G10 and agree it looks like mine. It is an early iteration of "Black and Tan".

17. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Well I think it is a LOT better lookin' than the std Blk & Tan, which just does not appeal to me at all.

18. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Here you go Ken:

1) .22" thick frosted with tiger stripes and black G-10
    I know of two with these stripes, one fat one and this one; there might be a few more.
    STR-L.JPG
    STR-LC.JPG
    STR-R.JPG
    STR-RC.JPG

2) .22" thick satin with black paper micarta
    BLK-P.JPG

3) .32" thick satin with black G-10
    As I recall, this one and the black paper one above were special orders by the original owner. Satin ASH-1s with a fat blade are rare, and so are .22" thick satin ASH-1 blades except for the LE model with tiger hide micarta.
    BLK-G.JPG

4) .22" thick sage double-edge with green linen micarta (it is the darkest green linen I have handled)
    Notice the slender 3B2 blade profile.
    DEFTR.JPG

5) I saved the best for last!
    .22" thick satin custom with a serrated harpoon tip followed by a hollow-ground band breaker (both top edges are sharp); the main edge has a very slight recurve. The handle has finger grooves and I'm guessing the wood is some type of burl. This is my favorite!
    WD-L.JPG
    WD-R.JPG

19. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Just to be clear, that photo was from the previous owner of the tiger stripe ASH-1, so the other knives in the photo are not mine.

20. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Just wait til this guy ^^^ posts pics...

He gots allllll the ASH.