• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ALL SOLD Commemorative Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Daggers - Falklands and 50th WWII

Hi All. I'm selling these for a mate, he's got cupboards full of wonderful treasures that he's off-loading.

These are Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Daggers that were made in Sheffield England by William Rodgers (before they were bought out I believe). Not the best company there, but not the worst either. This is a pattern 3 dagger with a stainless steel blade. Both come with lovely wooden display boxes and are unused, still in original paper wrappings. They came from an estate sale.

SOLD - The commemorative engraving on one reads "TO COMMEMORATE THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD WAR II 1939 TO 1945" (hand-writing on outer cardboard slip is "180 WWII BP/WC"). Positive - the display box has a brass plaque on the front. Negative - the plaque isn't perfectly centred and there are some chips in the enamel coating on the handle (I don't think it's from use, maybe just incorrect storage or handling, or a manufacturing defect?).

SOLD - The engraving on the other reads "IN HONOUR OF THE FALKLANDS CAMPAIGN APRIL TO JUNE 1982" (hand-writing on outer cardboard slip is "180F BP/WC"). Supposedly this one originally came from a UK army Quartermaster, via the Stores' back door.

The price is $290USD/$399AUD EACH. PP G&S or direct bank transfer. Reasonable offers considered, especially if you want both of them.

$15 postage throughout Australia (free if you buy both), will cost more to ship overseas but let me know where you live and I can give you an exact quote.

You can ask me to email you some more pictures if you like, too.

To any Australian buyers, as you know, getting daggers in Australia is difficult, and I doubt you'll see items like this again for quite some time.

NOTE: I think some people are quite anxious about knives being shipped to or from overseas. Just FYI, I've never had a problem posting gear to people from here in Australia. I'll also be using double-sided tape inside the envelope to hold it all inside. Australia Post usually uses EMS as its international courier service.

IMG_4474.jpeg IMG_4487.jpeg IMG_4490.jpeg IMG_4470.jpeg IMG_4472.jpeg IMG_4473.jpeg IMG_4477.jpeg IMG_4483.jpeg IMG_4486.jpeg IMG_4489.jpeg

Last edited:
Back