• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(((ALL SOLD))) Paddle Strops

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
(((ALL SOLD)))

Ebony paddle strops two sided (flesh/fuzzy side up both sides)

I have a few paddle strops available, they are approx. 15" x 2.5" X .75". These are made by me one at a time from scratch, wood is cut into strips and then machine leveled. Handle shape is traced and cut to shape, hole drilled for lanyard and the handle edges are tapered on a router table. The area the leather is attached to is checked for level and if needed leveled on float glass with 3m abrasive. Two coats of ebony stain are added and then several coats of clear/shellac are sprays on afterwards to seal in the stain. A 550 para-cord lanyard with plastic end cap/keeper is also added. Leather used is cut from nice/clean European veg tan hide and is approx. 8-9oz in thickness, the leather is worked with a brush to free and loosen/soften up the nap and then it's trimmed to a nice even length. The compound is a harder tallow based compound, I prefer it over the wax or grease based compounds.

Will come with your choice of any (2) two bar compounds as shown in last pic. Black/white/green/red

Payment:
If you'd like a strop(s) please message me with your paypal info/email and I will send a money request/invoice. You can also contact me via email (email in signature below).

Asking $38 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

OxKGShSh.jpg

zMvF99vh.jpg

WG4J6IRh.jpg

cjgvDoNh.jpg

Hl2kmijh.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I have PP and probably need two strop, one for oxide bars and one for diamond

These are all flesh/fuzzy side up (both sides), if you'd like one with the grain / smooth side up I could do that however will take a little time.

Never had a double fuzzy, but will trust your judgement ,
usually strop loaded fuzzy then slick with light pass

They look great ,Don. Hope they sell well.. Lovin the emulsion I got from you! I don't know if you considered a 4 sided "billy" strop, but for knuckleheads like myself I like all 4 grits on one. I got mine from Stropman a long time ago. Here's a pic!!
Have a great and safe Memorial day!!! Its the beginning of "Amateur hour" & the crazies come out full swing!!
Best,

James

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_071732_kindlephoto-480197622.jpg
    IMG_20200306_071732_kindlephoto-480197622.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 29
They look great ,Don. Hope they sell well.. Lovin the emulsion I got from you! I don't know if you considered a 4 sided "billy" strop, but for knuckleheads like myself I like all 4 grits on one. I got mine from Stropman a long time ago. Here's a pic!!
Have a great and safe Memorial day!!! Its the beginning of "Amateur hour" & the crazies come out full swing!!
Best,

James

Thank you, I really appreciate that! And glad it's working well for you. I do have wood lathes and have made similar strops in the past, they are indeed quite handy! Stropman made some quality stuff and was an all around great guy, was genuinely saddened to hear of Mr Barbers passing.

Hope you have a safe and happy Memorial day as well my friend. :)

Don

Back