All time favorite movie

Ruari

Basic Member
q8K7qPnCKOfyKArPTt3ljEiAI01.jpg

Once upon a time in America. I don’t watch it often though like any of my favorites to keep it fresh. I watch my favorites so rarely I almost forget the details and am nervous to watch again in fear that I won’t like them as much. 😃

Watched the above movie last weekend. Interesting how you find little details every time you rewatch. It was almost if I understood the movie even better than before.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Principle.

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
This is hard, really hard...I watch too many movies, soon they all run together in my head and get lost.

Top movies that I can think of at the moment.

Jeremiah Johnson, I was in the Navy when that came out, I'll never forget jumping up and yelling YEAH!!! when he threw his bowie knife at the guy that jumped out of the tree at him, my buddy wasn't as excited lol and slouched even lower in his seat...

Hard Times, hard to beat Charles Bronson...

War Games

The Martian

The Sting

The Princess Bride

It's a Wonderful Life, my wife still kids me about me crying every time I watch that...

and way too many more to write out...

G2

Grandpa Peter's and Grandma Betty's

This is hard, really hard...I watch too many movies, soon they all run together in my head and get lost.

Top movies that I can think of at the moment.

Jeremiah Johnson, I was in the Navy when that came out, I'll never forget jumping up and yelling YEAH!!! when he threw his bowie knife at the guy that jumped out of the tree at him, my buddy wasn't as excited lol and slouched even lower in his seat...

Hard Times, hard to beat Charles Bronson...

War Games

The Martian

The Sting

The Princess Bride

It's a Wonderful Life, my wife still kids me about me crying every time I watch that...

and way too many more to write out...

G2
It's a Wonderful Life ~ The Bishops Wife ~ Christmas Story ~ Santa and the Three Bears ~ Miracle on 34th Street ~ "Classics" ~ Rudolph ~ Frosty ~ and now "The Polar Express" ~ The Grinch ~

Last edited:

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
I assume that you typed it correctly. For a second I thought you might mean "The Principal"...

The one about the Copernican Principle. :) Haven't heard of the other one, or if I have, there is probably a reason I don't know anything more about, as with a lot of popular culture stuff I take a pass on.

bayouace

Basic Member
"The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming"
Comedy with Jonathan Winters, Carl Reiner, Alan Arkin, and Brian Keith. 1963 I think.

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned a bunch of my favorite movies in different genres. But if I had to pick one movie that I would say is currently my all-time favorite of the lot, I’ll have to say it’s Your Name (Kimi no Na wa, 2016). And I am NOT a big anime fan. I had read some really good reviews on it, decided to give it a try, and was surprised, to say the least. It brought back that special feeling for me of watching an epic movie for the first time and knowing I’m seeing something special that was going to be a new favorite; something I hadn’t felt about a new movie in a long time. It’s one of those movies that gets better and better the further into the story it goes. A few Christmases ago, I gifted DVDs of this movie to various family members, all of whom are adults, none of whom had ever watched anime before, and they all loved it.

Jim