• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

Joe Chen said:
Now only $646.32 he owes me.

Joe

Plus interest!! Don't let this POS off the hook without paying you for the time use of your money.

EDITED TO ADD:
Did I mention WHATTA SCUMBAG?

Hi there
I have no personal interest in this debacle, but I did have a similar experience with our old friend Newt(eventually resolved), so I PM'd the original poster on British Blades pointing him at this thread, no reply as yet.
Phil

Cougar Allen said:
Just because they're British doesn't mean they can't use a search engine. I remember some Bladeforums members said they were going to warn them, too. What did the moderators do, censor their posts? :rolleyes:

What an odd suggestion. At British Blades we don't practice heavy-handed censorship. The Administrators and Moderators are there to keep the forum running, not to act as someone else's commercial police force.

If people register just to "stir the pot" we are likely to ask them to settle down, become a productive member and then they can stir the pot. One of Allan's Taiwanese customers registered in order to ask when he would get his blade or money. That post is still there somewhere. I don't think that person bothered with a second post.

If we become aware of a specific problem we deal with it.

Several people have commented on Allan's reputation before, their comments are still there.

Roger

well Mr Gregory
I was just informed by PM that my warning to check this thread had been deleted!!!!! I have replied by PM, but have to say that it is a pretty poor effort on behalf of BB. No support for anyone else that has been ripped off, just as long as he supplies BB members. Very poor.
Phil

BTW the answer to Cougar's question is..........YES

It is bad when Scott/Allen/Alen/Alan/Allan is a POS but when a mod at another forum practically helps him along in his misdeeds.

I guess after you are finally exposed on that forum "Reverend" Blade then you will have to find yet another...maybe Steven Dick will print some more good stuff about you.

pmel018 said:
well Mr Gregory
I was just informed by PM that my warning to check this thread had been deleted!!!!! I have replied by PM, but have to say that it is a pretty poor effort on behalf of BB. No support for anyone else that has been ripped off, just as long as he supplies BB members. Very poor.
Phil

BTW the answer to Cougar's question is..........YES

Phil

Your post was moved for discussion.

There is no suggestion anywhere on British Blades that there isn't support for people who have had to wait for money or knives from Allan Blade.

Roger

accordingto the message I recieved, which I could post here, my post was deleted( even in the UK that means removed)
Phil

Cliff Stamp said:
So again, was Keith asked not to post about Blade?

-Cliff

As far as I recall Keith did say hello to Allan on one thread which I took to be a subtle reminder ;)

Otherwise, I have no idea, and I'm not going to ask the other Administrators and Moderators to wade through several years worth of PMs.

Roger

From now on, British Blades will have its own Allan Blade threads and Bladeforums can have its own. I think I'll leave this one alone before the usual lynch mob arrives. :)

Roger

It was actually Roger that got back to me after I made my request. He never explicitly told me not to post the warning, he just told me that he thought it wasn't a good idea. It seemed that he felt Allan was making a real effort to turn things around and that he should be given the chance to do so.

Roger is a heck of a nice guy, and I feel that his intentions were only good. I think he was hoping beyond hope that Allan had truely seen the light. This was not done to hide Allan's past from members of British Blades, but to give Allan a second chance.

Keith Montgomery said:
It was actually Roger that got back to me after I made my request. He never explicitly told me not to post the warning, he just told me that he thought it wasn't a good idea. It seemed that he felt Allan was making a real effort to turn things around and that he should be given the chance to do so.

Roger is a heck of a nice guy, and I feel that his intentions were only good. I think he was hoping beyond hope that Allan had truely seen the light. This was not done to hide Allan's past from members of British Blades, but to give Allan a second chance.

Then it shows how good my memory is :D

Maybe judgement too.....

Roger

I would have to say that until everybody that is owed a blade by Allan Blade, that means all historical claims too, then warnings are in order. Pehaps the BB moderators would like to extend Newt Livesay the same protection. as soon as I work out how I will withdraw from BB, it always seemed a bit cosy anyway.
Phil

As far as I am concerned British Blades is an excellent forum. The members are friendly and they have some great makers that hang aroung there.

No problem with the members, there is even a Kiwi knifemaker there, find the moderators way too quick off the mark. I can do without it.

I agree Keith- BB welcomed me with open arms and has been a really nice forum for me to visit. I enjoy it quite a lot :)

As you said, I more imagined the mods were hoping for Alan to turn around, rather than act as if he'd never done wrong.

This should NOT turn into some cross forum bashing thread. I only posted the link as I felt it relative that it looks like Alan is falling only further behind.

You mean to tell me that there is actually a blade forum run by folks that would prefer not to warn unsuspecting collectors about this POS Allen?!:confused:

I agree there shouldn't be any cross forum flame wars. Let it go, RWS!!!

NOTE TO SELF:
Make sure to post in my diary dated 10/29/2005 that BB mods can kiss my white ass! Also, make sure I never join that forum.......EVER
!

Keith Montgomery said:
It was actually Roger that got back to me after I made my request. He never explicitly told me not to post the warning, he just told me that he thought it wasn't a good idea.

Coming from an admin, what message is this supposed to convey. This is semantics, people should be warned about makers who act as Blade did. All Roger did was "help" his forum members by putting many of them in the same situation that Joe is in now. I would assume that those who have canceled orders (some pre-payed and Blade has refused to refund) would have appreciated the heads up. This isn't a forum specific issue, it is an open information issue, same thing goes for the mods on any other board.

-Cliff

Back