• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

Joe,

After you finally get the remaining monies owed to you, you should send a final letter on legal letterhead demanding the interest accrued over the last 7 years. An investment with a conservative interest rate will DOUBLE in 7 years. It's worth a try.

Tell you what, Mike, if you will be so good as to provide me with the details of what you have personally lost in terms of non delivery from Allan, and can verify that with an invoice, then I will do my best to pay you back your money from my own pocket.

I have no particular 'thing' for Allan or his knives. I owned one which was delivered late, as usual with Allan. It was a superb knife. I sold it as the birth of my first daughter meant that I would be doing less outdoor stuff for a couple of years and I like 'using' knives to be used.

I do have a 'thing' for tolerance and understanding. For forgiveness of sins and a willingness to let those who have sinned prove they can become better people. I would hope that is a prevailing sentiment across this forum.

Can we sheath our knives?
Danzo

what i cant understand here lawmandan is this statement

I do have a 'thing' for tolerance and understanding. For forgiveness of sins and a willingness to let those who have sinned prove they can become better people. I would hope that is a prevailing sentiment across this forum.

you and martyn banned me for telling the truth about a fixed knife review so a maker could profit from sales,you all know it was a fixed reveiw,but banned me for telling the truth

can i take it my ban will be lifted for forgiveness of my sins

you at bb should take a leaf out of this forums book, and allow free speech and not run it like hitler martyn and his henchmen moderators.

bernie garland

you and martyn banned me for telling the truth about a fixed knife review so a maker could profit from sales,you all know it was a fixed reveiw,but banned me for telling the truth

you at bb should take a leaf out of this forums book, and allow free speech and not run it like hitler martyn and his henchmen moderators.

bernie garland

Well, no-ones bumped this for a while so im keen to see what happened on it since last December.

Bernie - when you say a 'fixed review' do you mean one that was not correct or about a fixed blade? Im being serious here, I am interested to know exactly what you mean when you say fixed as you seem to be infering that there was a level of impropriety about the write up.

To be clear Im a member of BB, not staff I hasten to add, and tought the moderation may be heavy at times, its because Martyn wants it to be a PG-13 forum not a XXX like this and JD. I mostly have nothing against here and JD, but I do appreciate having somewhere else to go with a differnt slant etc.

Rgds

So, in the interest of saving myself about an hour, can we assume that Joe is still out a chunk of money and Allan is still a POS skeez?

bernie garland

It's a shame, i was banned too, but i did something wrong, and i got punished for it, you may have ruffled a few feathers but surely a friendly email would get it all sorted out?

Let's skip the bullshit about British Blades and their family-friendly values this year - calling Bladeforums triple-X is laughable and sad.

Joe, has Alan Blade/ Scot Fowler ever given you your money back?

And has Steve Dick ever said anything about why he gave a glowing review to Alan Blade when he had known Blade was a scam artist in the past, and has easy public access to this thread at the time of his glowing review?

Parker,
Sorry I'm late for reply, I was not that crazy for knives for the last few years and spent much more time with family and cycling.

I really don't care for this "Allan Blade" guy anymore.
But have to let you guys know the truth.
The answer is NO. Allan Blade didn't pay me back. What a "surprise". :barf:

Joe Chen,

I just finished reading all 86 pages of this sad tale, and I have to say that I really admire how you are handling this. Scott Fowler/Allan Blade sounds like a very sad person, and I'm sorry so many people have gotten hurt by him. I happen to live in Spokane, WA, and may drive by his address sometime just to see if he's still around.

Found this article while doing a search about him. A lot of rather interesting info, considering it's 20 years old.

Mr. Chen, I applaud you for having such a positive outlook on life, despite having been so poorly treated for so long by Mr. Fowler.

What many people(supporting blade) doesnt know is that, only because they had good deal with blade doesn't change the fact that other people got ripped. It's sad to see. Plus blade giving excuses. it's his bads, not the customers. It's ridiculous to see how people think sympathy should take a role within their career.

Wow, this thread is still alive after all this time. Though I eventually got my knife after 6 months of chasing, I'm curious if anyone knows anything about Allan Blade these days? is he still around?

Its funny how this thread popped up again. I just saw an Allen Blade small fixed blade at at local flea market/antique mall last week. It was well made, blued tool steel, with a kydex sheath and "made by Allen Blade, 1993" inscribed on the blade with an electric scribe. Guy wanted $75 for this "Custom Knife by a very famous maker". I had to chuckle to myself as I walked away from the booth thinking I would'nt pay 75 cents for that knife. Scott Fowler/Allen Blade was a perfect example of a talented knife maker who could'nt conduct his personal and professional life in an honest manner. A large man with a small heart and even smaller conscience.

I come from the UK and there has been a lot of debate about this maker. Apparently he ripped a lot of guys of around the world. Anybody know much about this?

I spotted this recent link on a small UK knife forum that refers to something that went on here about it

http://www.ukblades.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3364

Is the guy still on the US knife circuit and what actually happened to cause so much trouble?

Thanks.

I come from the UK and there has been a lot of debate about this maker. Apparently he ripped a lot of guys of around the world. Anybody know much about this?

I spotted this recent link on a small UK knife forum that refers to something that went on here about it

(Link removed)

Is the guy still on the US knife circuit and what actually happened to cause so much trouble?

Thanks.

There isn't much to say, the guy is a total scum bag who seems to be trying to make a
living from ripping people off and lying about where his knives are made and by who.

A real class act who gets rumbled, then apologises to all involved an then just does it again, and again, and ......... :thumbdn:

Last edited:
Back