Allen Elishewitz Spatha

While I'm no expert on customs, I have owned quite a few and I can honestly say that this is one of the best and most impressive knives I have owned to date. Just wanted to take a minute to share it with you guys since not many (any?) photos have been posted of this piece. This Spatha was made for the ECCKS earlier this month and features bronze bolsters with a hammered/patinated finish (this is the first knife Allen has made with this bolster finish/texture). The scales are brass mesh carbon fiber which in person looks and feels very similar to LSCF but with a much tighter "weave" as you can see in the pictures. Backing the scales are red G10 liners on top of blue ti liners with a jeweled (almost orange peeled) texture. The blade is CPM B75P with an incredibly well-done hand rubbed satin finish. Allen said he doesn't do this finish often since it adds a considerable amount of time to the process. The amount of time and level of attention to detail Allen puts into his tacticals is amazing IMO. Everything down to the screws have that custom touch and almost everything on each knife is done by hand. Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

I'm a big fan of Allen's work, and I hope to one day afford one of his customs. But until then I'm enjoying the heck out of his design colas with Hogue in the EX-04.

Very nice !

Nice score DropPoint! Love those bolsters! (That fifth picture in incredible!)

Great looking knife, Im loving that blade shape.

What are the dimensions? Length, weight, etc?

Back