Allifaker

leatherman

leathermoderator
Allifaker, Fauxadile, Fauxigator...... whatever you want to call it this stuff is awesome! Hot embossed, nice and deep and far less expensive than the real thing, and I'd honestly challenge anyone to tell its fake when I am done with it in an inlay.

The colored portion is dyed with saddle tan, and I like the effect so far. Antique would make this stuff really pop.

More to come as I get more inlays of this stuff done, its cowhide and I really like the possibilities! :D

I just finished the under color, saddle tan and medium brown, and the antique on this piece and wow!

Pictures posting soon! I love this stuff. Its hard to tell the difference. :)

Ducked in real quick, very quick as it is I will be up all night (end of the month) Here is the antiqued allifaker. I haven't done the finish yet, today if I can get a free second. :)

I did four different antiques on this one, the light center is nearly rubbed off and the darker is a light rubbing. I really like the medium brown, the effect on the back scales is very realistic to the actual skin.

Compare this at 5.00 an inch for an inlay to real gator and croc at anywhere from 25 to 50.00 and inch. I cant get a decent hide for under 300.00 these days. That is for a rather small one. Scary stuff to buy.

ps, WOW, the url's have gotten flipping HUGE from photobucket. yuk.

Last edited:
The left side - the lightly rubbed side - is just stunning, Dwayne ! I would love to see that in the future.....

Back