almost every feature I don't like

audiopile

Gold Member
1.) I don't like AO knives ever since I had one open in my pocket and cut three fingers. I need my hands to make a living.
2.) Never cared for flippers - since if they weren't AO I didn't find them as positive in engaging the blade locking mechanism as other means of opening/locking a blade. I really want to be sure that blade is solidly locked every time.
3.) AO safeties. I use a knife anywhere from half a dozen to 50-60 times a day . I'd rather forgo AO than put up with the awkward manipulation of a button , slide or lever every time I close the knife and every time I open it .
So why the heck did I just buy a Buck 337 ?
This is the most ergonomically perfect AO knife I've ever handled ! And that is the real point of this post - If I (and probably you?) can't handle this knife - there is no particular reason to pay attention to it. Thanks to a Brick and Mortar store ( Sherper's in Hales Corners ,Wi. ) , a old fashioned glass display case and helpful salesman ( not a clerk) - I was able to pick up , handle ,was shown how the lock/safety is used on this knife , manipulate that lock/safety a few times and bought that knife in about 5 min.. This is pretty firmly a right handed tool and I wish the clip or maybe the whole knife was black. BOS HT S30V sharp as all heck blade.
But really - I can't explain how well this knife works in your right hand - find someone who caries it and try this mechanism out -it just fits !

It took a short while to get used to the Paradigm, but I found I love this knife and carry one often.

I almost left carrying one on a trip I'm taking right now, but changed my mind at the last moment because the Paradigm I considered had a Damascus blade and I don't care for those.

I gave my last Paradigm Pro to a good friend.

I know I still have a NIB Paradigm Pro and now that I'm thinking about it, I should have taken that one.

I love the paradigm and carry a 336 on a regular basis. I also like the Tempest 296. Bucks asap technology is very good. I have no problem with the lock on the 296 at all. I like the paradigm lock most of all because of the enjoyment of letting someone handle it and not be able to figger out how to open it:D

Back