ALONE returning on Dec 8!

I don't understand why some would bring a little knife when weight isn't an issue. They won't be hiking far. Possibly bragging rights if they win. Also wonder why someone would being a shovel? Looking forward to the show

Because a small knife simply works better for the majority of tasks you actually need a knife for. The only benefit of a large knife is to passably perform the tasks that another tool does much better. And in this case most have axes and saws.

Otherwise the benefit only comes in that one is used to the big knife. And there are cultural reasons for people liking big knives.

I don't understand why anyone would bring a big knife unless they also had a small knife.

I wasn't suprised, ranger Hoe is a huge fake. What suprises me is that no one caught on to it after that season.

I don't even know who some of those people were bud. I remember a guy losing his fero rod on the beach and flipping out that he was done.

Its Hollywood and not unexpected. Its the producer's style to create 'shock n drama', they will pick contestants with a wide range of skills calculating that a certain number will remain through the show but have a predictable drop out rate to create the story line. The show is okay, but I don't like how the show jumps around so much lacking continuity making it a pain to watch.

Thanks for a deeper explanation. I can see things quite simplistically at times. I am usually quite busy and the 'entertainment' can be fleeting/casual. I don't normally try to pick fly turds out of pepper when watching these shows. I know that there is a very real aspect to some of it, within the confines of its true purpose, audience drawing television entertainment. I also try to pick up whatever skills I can from these shows and I admit critiquing what I would or would not do at times. And of course I know it all from the warmth and comfort of my easy chair.
;)

Thanks for a deeper explanation. I can see things quite simplistically at times. I am usually quite busy and the 'entertainment' can be fleeting/casual. I don't normally try to pick fly turds out of pepper when watching these shows. I know that there is a very real aspect to some of it, within the confines of its true purpose, audience drawing television entertainment. I also try to pick up whatever skills I can from these shows and I admit critiquing what I would or would not do at times. And of course I know it all from the warmth and comfort of my easy chair.
;)

Its one of the main reasons I dumped Dishnetwork and cut the cord.

Because a small knife simply works better for the majority of tasks you actually need a knife for. The only benefit of a large knife is to passably perform the tasks that another tool does much better. And in this case most have axes and saws.

Otherwise the benefit only comes in that one is used to the big knife. And there are cultural reasons for people liking big knives.

I don't understand why anyone would bring a big knife unless they also had a small knife.

Yeah I understand but I would not take a Mora Companion as my only knife. I'd bring a little bigger and better quality knife. Only reason someone would bring a Mora Companion is to prove a point. Let's see how he does

So it looks like History pumped a ton of cash into this so it must be generating advertising revenue. The support crew is more elaborate and the images are looking HD quality to me.

A really weird collection of characters. Some folks you might not expect to thrive but who will by virtue of their life story.

Now here's where it gets interesting. The weather will be worse. Food will be scarcer.

And as in the last season there isn't a rule that where they dump you will be ideal to camp. Someone who's able to travel light will be able to cover more ground while doing the daily chores. That might be a game changer.

Guy left after 3 days for no real reason at all.
Sad.

Seriously.

Guy left before the first night last year for no reason.

I just don't get it. I think they must pick some weakies for drama so they can show someone leave on the first episode.

Yeah I understand but I would not take a Mora Companion as my only knife. I'd bring a little bigger and better quality knife. Only reason someone would bring a Mora Companion is to prove a point. Let's see how he does

I don't think anyone needs to prove a point with a Mora. They're one of the best knives out there. All the points have been proven, and some of the best survivalists out there carry them religiously.

nothing wrong with a mora, but this is bladeforums. we like our super knives (i'd probably take my infi wardog, or ontario blackbird).
i also think they purposely pick guys who they know will leave early (if it was me, i'd at least eat all my rations first).
patagonia so far seems more forgiving than the old place. easy fishing and foraging. i'm hoping somebody will catch a hog.
the girl getting naked on the first day. she's going places lol.

Guy left after 3 days for no real reason at all.
Sad.

Look at his background. Surrounded by people all day, always solving their problems. Now he's suddenly Alone with his problems front and center and no way to ignore when he can't sleep.

Seriously.

Guy left before the first night last year for no reason.

I just don't get it. I think they must pick some weakies for drama so they can show someone leave on the first episode.

I wonder that too.

Look at his background. Surrounded by people all day, always solving their problems. Now he's suddenly Alone with his problems front and center and no way to ignore when he can't sleep.

One should probably have spent at least a week a week alone in the past sometime before they volunteer to participate in a show titled Alone.

One should probably have spent at least a week a week alone in the past sometime before they volunteer to participate in a show titled Alone.

That would be boring to watch!

Also I did enjoy the preamble episode where they did some testing on the hopefuls to weed out serious flailers.

That would be boring to watch!

Also I did enjoy the preamble episode where they did some testing on the hopefuls to weed out serious flailers.

I missed that, because it was during gym time. :(
Hopefully there's a repeat, or it goes up on the website.

nothing wrong with a mora, but this is bladeforums. we like our super knives (i'd probably take my infi wardog, or ontario blackbird).
i also think they purposely pick guys who they know will leave early (if it was me, i'd at least eat all my rations first).
patagonia so far seems more forgiving than the old place. easy fishing and foraging. i'm hoping somebody will catch a hog.
the girl getting naked on the first day. she's going places lol.

There was no need to blurr. I find that demeaning! She filmed her self proud of her bum and the producers blurred it! They didn't blurr the guys ass in season 1 or 2. Very sexist. I'm all for women's Lib. No need for blurring!

Do you know what forestry is?

Maybe if they called her an expert feller you'd have a point.

Back