ALONE returning on Dec 8!

Season 3 is upon us!!! We can all agree from watching the last 2 seasons that everyone is unpredictable. We have seen the strongest ones leave when they seemed like they could last years out there. we are already seeing small snips of future videos with the contestants being stressed. I wish them all luck and a safe trip back home. Half way through ep.1 and seeing the environment. The resources available...Bamboo + water = Happiness (I'm a fly fisherman). Boar+My Knife= Proscuitto! (I know I need salt).

Season 3 is upon us!!! We can all agree from watching the last 2 seasons that everyone is unpredictable. We have seen the strongest ones leave when they seemed like they could last years out there. we are already seeing small snips of future videos with the contestants being stressed. I wish them all luck and a safe trip back home. Half way through ep.1 and seeing the environment. The resources available...Bamboo + water = Happiness (I'm a fly fisherman). Boar+My Knife= Proscuitto! (I know I need salt).

I'm hoping we get to see someone smoking bacon!

Was really surprised that one guy crapped out so quickly and it seemed for really stupid reasons.

After seeing Desmond (Season 2) tap out from stepping on Bear scat, I will always be skeptical on who is the strongest in episodes 1-10. You could see on his face all the emotions he was going through. At first I was pissed he was leaving (all from the comforts of my warm apartment and pj's) so soon. But when your mind starts telling you something and you listen to it, that's a whole different ball game. I went on a pretty tough hike the other day in NYS. Breakneck Ridge trail, and when i got up to about 30% of the way and saw the steep climb ahead...I backed off. Mentally it was too much for me, I kept telling myself "one wrong move....one wrong step". BUT my buddies just so happen to pick one of the toughest hiking trails in the area. so I don' feel too bad about it.

You can say that and use your trail reference. I understand as sometimes you just don't feel like pushing yourself. I have been there. As far as the guy on Alone, he should have been mentally prepared for at least a month from my point of view. Otherwise, why was he there in the first place? But as you say, I'm making judgments sitting in the comfort of my home with all the normal people around me as well as my "stuff". The stuff is important. Take the people away and you still have the internet, telephone, and TV as well as visiting a retail store or mall for the people part.

I don't even know who some of those people were bud. I remember a guy losing his fero rod on the beach and flipping out that he was done.

That's Joe Robinet from ontario
He has a huge youtube bushcraft following
He does make very nice vids

The axe takes No. 2 on the Alone series. Got to be careful with them. The cut must of been a lot deeper than it looked as the bleeding didn't stop even with pressure and a bandage.

Yeah go home:) Fun part about the show
Weeding out the twits :-D Hope it don't turn into a starving contest like the other seasons

Edit but guess that's what it's about!

I don't have a subscription anymore but I do stream some and it was clear that the young guy was breaking down long before he cut himself on the axe. I wondered how he managed to gash up the side of his neck so badly. Somehow I doubt that the bamboo he carried had anything to do with it. Maybe I missed something and he had fall earlier on.

Callie built a beautiful shelter and hearth,or tiki as she calls it; I wonder how durable it will be. She has the right mindset for lasting.

Might want a bit more pitch in the roof if the snow there is going to be heavy. Pretty easy to fix though.

I feel like that kid had a pretty classic case of target fixation, he had no food, yet had to build that reflector, flailing away at the scrub with his knife, rushing about, and then his first aid was very slap-dash. As for his neck, some kinds of bamboo have little fibers that poke out with the leaves, so he probably got all scraped up from just that. Really not sure what his plan was, and from the size of the trout everyone else was pulling, his fish trap was very small. Can't be to rough on him thought, pretty brave to put yourself on tv as a wilderness expert at the age of 22.
Greg's got a good chance on the mental aspects though, seems like he has the experience to be able to overcome the loneliness.

Well another episode down and we're past 30 days. Lots of hungry looking folks out there!

I've got a new favourite. And she's got a big knife:)

Did you notice that when she went into the water to retrieve a fish stuck in the weeds that she had her knife in her right hand, but when she came out she did not have her knife. However later on she had her knife again.

Back