Alone Season 4 on June 15

Now perilously close to my other favorite show "Undressed in the woods with someone I hate and explosive diarrhea; oh look it's raining again".

Interesting, gotta have some major trust, knowing that at least in that first bit, if you bail out, you sink both of you.

This should be interesting and somewhat different from previous episodes. Thanks for the links. :thumbsup:

Just watched the casting episode. First impression is the husband and wife team for the win

I am looking forward to this season. The new dynamic should stretch out the times they last I would think. Many past competitors fell to loneliness and just having one person there can easily change that. Course it is also another mouth to feed, requires a bigger shelter, and now you have to share your gear. From the preview clips, they hint at injuries playing another major role this season. One thing I enjoy about the Alone series is that the competitors seem to be better qualified each season. Many of these types of shows leave me thinking "Did they not watch the last season before trying out?" How many people were on Survivor recently and have no idea how to start a fire?!?!?

A lot of people who frequent the motivational speaker circuit these days have a big "just try hard enough" message that I think leads people wrong. With this last big push in the sandbox there have been a few retired SF guys talking about the 40% rule and other such things. Leads people to believe that you don't need skills and training, you just need will-power. Just like how every opinion is equal regardless of your experience or background. Also doesn't matter what they say, most of the naked and afraid/survivor type people just want to be on TV, in hopes of a shot at the big-time. Alone seems to have lucked into a different crowd, people who actually can, but they did start out with youtube guys, and you don't start doing that if you don't want anyone to know who you are.

Just watched the casting episode. First impression is the husband and wife team for the win

I was thinking that they will have an edge over the other competitors just because they are married, have been living and working together for a long time. Conflict resolution should be easier for them to handle, plus they are very good at bushcraft. I'm pulling for them to win.

It should make for an interesting twist to the show, I don't like the choice of location though, the weather will be lousy making for poor video. I enjoyed watching Patagonia with the beauty of the land together with better weather than the previous season where all it did was rain.

Yeah I liked Patagonia as well. Summers on the island are nice tho. Winters can be wet lol. Maybe they're doing a spring drop off. That would be nice

It should make for an interesting twist to the show, I don't like the choice of location though, the weather will be lousy making for poor video. I enjoyed watching Patagonia with the beauty of the land together with better weather than the previous season where all it did was rain.

I like Patagonia but with the limited food sources, it just came down to who could maintain there BMI the longest. Other than the starvation, the contestants looked pretty comfortable. If the last 4 or so had a good source of food, that show could still be going. :)

Seems like twice the opportunity for someone to cut themselves and end the fun. I love the show and will watch every episode. Brad

Alone, but with someone else? Maybe they should have spun off another franchise and kept this one true to its name. Seems poorly conceived to me.

I did notice a few youtubers among the group; Josh and Brad Richardson (American Wilderness) and Chris Wilkes (Chris Wilkes Survival). Wonder why the bio's didn't mention that.

Anybody notice this in the equipment list...

1 Ferro Rod (must not be longer than 6in, and must have plastic handle)

I'd take a ginormous 6"x1/2"" ferro rod with me, but who makes one of those with a plastic handle? And what kind of dumbarse requirement is that?

It'll likely be to keep them from having a custom tinder holder handle (which I'd do if the loophole was there.)

Appeared the one brother just got overwhelmed with the situation and with no moral support of the other taps out, would believe if the injury was a simple sprain he could have splinted it fairly easy enough. Would have been an excellent opportunity to market their tools as well, I'm sure that trip back to IL will be a quiet, very somber ride home for the two of them.

Look forward to this season, may be less monotonous than listening to one person drone on the to the camera. Early on rooting for Jesse Bosdell and his brother.

Was dissapointed with how the first episode ended with the bear problem unresolved. The show would hold a lot more interest and drama if they could conclude the show after the fact. I'm going to record two episodes ahead to sort out cliffhangers. Alone is plagued by this type of cheap production which subdues the show's potential.

That was a quick dropout. One down 6 to go. Yep could be a quiet drive home or loud

Back