Alox Scissors Petition - No Mod

I would be very interested in a factory made Alox Farmer with factory made scissors.

I understand that at the moment, Victorinox is not interested in producing one, but what if you were able to produce evidence that many people here would like to get one?

Note that I am NOT interested in some sort of mod.

Thus, I hereby petition Victorinox to reconsider their decision re Alox scissors, and produce Alox knives with factory produced scissors. I believe the sales of such knives would make the cost of tooling up for said production worthwhile.

Can I get a second?

Well good luck. I would like them too. But considering there are less than 400 posts total in the history of this subforum. Might as well just get it modded.

How about an alox swiss champ?

The question of scissors for alox 93mm SAKs (as well as resurection of 84mm scissors) have been brought up many times, including an online petition for 84mm scissors a couple of years ago. It did not go anywhere at the time.

Swissbianco is aware of the demand for 93mm scissor layer, and is looking at the possibilities. Unfortunately, even if using 91mm scissors, the proper backspring needs to be manufactured, which is a big deal.

Rather than running a petition on the forum, I would encorage you to contact Victorinox directly with your request. Lately, Victorinox has been actively working on their customer relationship channels, and, based on some comments from their PR guys, they are now paying extra attention to customers' input. You can post a message (and start a petition) on their Facebook page.

at this time this wont happen. the problem is the quantity. if i can order and pay of course bigger quantities we have an chance.

I'd be all over an alox SAK with scissors. If it could be done, I'd buy it.

~Chris

A Farmer with scissors would be up there as far as my favorite SAK.

Funny, I showed up here with the idea of asking about a Farmer with scissors! I would buy one in a heartbeat. I currently carry a Huntsman, but a Farmer + scissors would be the Grail SAK for me. If there is a list, put me down for one. Another thing, I'm not on Facebook. Is there another way to contact Victorinox? I mean a dedicated feedback line or product suggestion? Seems funny that they would balk at something so often requested, yet within their power to make happen. There obviously is a demand . . . .

Thanks

I guess I am a little confused. How did the bushcrafter get produced with ~100 being made but the farmer with scissors is a no go until 10K? I am not criticizing at all, just curious as to how one is possible but the other is not.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I guess I am a little confused. How did the bushcrafter get produced with ~100 being made but the farmer with scissors is a no go until 10K? I am not criticizing at all, just curious as to how one is possible but the other is not.

Thanks for all your hard work!
I't very simple - Bushcrafter is simply a Farmer without the opener layer, so Victorinox can easily assemble this model. Scissor layer, on the other hand, does not exist for 93mm frame. While scissors themselves may be lifted from the 91mm line, the backspring is completely different. The cost of making 93mm scissor layer is prohibitively expensive for any run of less than 5K or even 10K units.

I would buy more than one Farmer with scissors. If they go with smaller scissors and only produce the correct backspring, would there be room for a small blade? The cost could be spread around by using it with other Victorinox alox 93mm models and with the Wenger SI...and while they are at it sell the saw blade for some Wenger SI models with the saw and scissors. :D

I would buy more than one Farmer with scissors. If they go with smaller scissors and only produce the correct backspring, would there be room for a small blade?

If there was room for scissors AND a small blade in the same layer I would buy 5-10. If they were red alox, I might shed a tear :D

ya all never want stop with that want ya? :D

the good news: red alox is not the problem. and there is a spring that works the main big blade and a small blade, as best i now thats still made. the awl would be gone.

scissors and small blade wont fit, way to little space in there. wont help us if we put in a scissor of the 58mm classic etc size.

if that all happens, what sak want the most of you? an farmer with the added layer for a scissor? or a farmer with the saw replaced with the scissors?

and no, we dont start the preorder jet :rolleyes:

Farmer with added scissors would get the money out of my wallet the fastest for sure. But then again, if it is a Farmer without scissors, thats just like a soldier with scissors and Id have to buy several of those as well. I am in for five either way.

Last edited:
Back