Alox Scissors Petition - No Mod

I would prefer a Farmer with an added layer for scissors. I like both the awl and saw. Presupposing a reasonable price, I would want more than one. I find the Farmer a powerful package for everyday carry, and a pair of scissors would extend its usefulness even more.

Is it possible that a hollow rivet might be an option? If so, would it be as strong? I suppose with a key ring it does not matter much unless on has use for a plumb line or one substituted the hollow rivet for the key ring in some models. Speaking of the key ring it seems to me that there used to be some that were slightly thicker and more rounded at the end and therefore more comfortable. Possibly of nickel silver. Is that a possibility or would adding a layer provide an opportunity to reposition it slightly? I finally realized after opening the awl why the end is so far back, but despite my belief that it is useful, it is not as comfortable as I would like.

Red is fine, but hard anodizing a la Calphalon would be even better. I would rather my knife scratch my keys and coins, than the other way around! :D

So Roger, us demanding huh? Well in that case, there should be a deluxe version that has a Damasteel or S30-V blade. It should be accessorized too with a little Kydex sheath or pouch hanging from the key ring with a toothpick, tweezers, and pen refill. The refill would add an income stream too for the maker. ;) Now that is "want." :cool:

I hope you help make the scissors happen!

I want a Farmer with Scissors as well!
Also i wish Victorinox would put the regular vic scissors in the Spirit! I hate the Spirit scissors. If the Spirit has the 91mm style scissors it would be the perfect multi-tool.

Sorry Roger, my bad! I forgot about that. Like I said though, I'd buy a Victorinox made version with the scissors in a heartbeat. That'd be my ultimate EDC big/Alox SAK.

Last edited:
in an couple days i will travel to ibach for an meeting and i will discuss about this matter too and i cant promise anything.

I know you cannot promise, but I think that would be an important model for Victorinox. For that matter perhaps they could also use the parts in the Wenger SI if they needed more volume as justification. With the current nomenclature, I guess with the addition of the scissors, it would become the "Super Farmer." :) I wish they would also consider hard annodizing the scales. Gray very scratch resistant scales would also serve to distinguish the model. I guess Deluxe often implies the addition of pliers and scissors, but perhaps they could do some "Deluxe" models with Damasteel blades and scissors, higher priced of course but not limited. That would make a terrific user and what would become my daily carry. Good luck at the meeting.

The only reason I don't have a Farmer is the lack of scissors. I think they'd be a great addition....

the farmer is an great sak, i would not like to miss that.

we cant mix parts from wenger with victorinox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to resurrect, but I just saw the link below and thought of this thread...

So if mating different sizes is the issue, how was this guy able to overcome the problem of adding scissors? Custom parts?

Interesting. I didn't realize Sgt Mike was the one who named it the "Scibeer Stalker". I thought it was Scibeer himself. I've got one of them also, except mine has the low-rider pocket clip too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we don't like mods and pretty sure the picture will be taken off of here but maybe something a little like this one? Big blade, small blade, scissors, saw, tweezers, and punch. When companies don't respond to the needs of users then users have a tendency to get things done themselves. I would love to purchase the real thing. I purchased a Boy Scout knife a few weeks ago at Scout headquarters and as I studied the knife I am still wondering why it has a corkscrew on it. The Scouts I work with are from 12-18 years of age and normally are not pulling corks from wine bottles. Maybe a little more thought (from the scouts and from the knife company)as to what people want would be good planning and marketing and would result in more sales, which would be great for the knife community!!

jimvic.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be all over a Farmer or Pioneer with scissors. I hope someone at Victorinox reads this and see's the need to produce this.

Back