Alpha Dog 6

md02geist

Gold Member
MAN.

I am beyond impressed with this blade.

I’ve had a large majority of Busse blades in my hand at one point or another; I’ve bought nearly every blade thats come out and made some money on some, lost some money on some, but never cared either way much because I was willing to “pay to play” just to get them in hand.

I can tell y’all this is the best Busse I have ever held, to date. It’s balanced so perfectly, the blade is stout but light and easily usable. The grind on the back edge provides functionality without making me worry about it cutting stuff (I tend not to like double edged knives).

Just. Wow. Well done Busse crew. This is my favorite to date, eclipsing my TGLB.

For almost a week now I have been handling the AD6 and the Hog Badger, doing side by side comparisons to see which one will become my go-to camp knife and I just can't come to a conclusion.

Ha ha you must have drunken some serious Kool-aide :)

Better then TGLB??? Say it ain't so!!

But seriously, I know what you mean. The AD6 is the real deal. It's stout and yet quite nimble in the hand. It's the same approximate size as my Fallkniven A1 PRO. The A1 pro has a solid reputation, but I'm pretty sure the AD6 can match if not outright out perform the former.

Ha ha you must have drunken some serious Kool-aide :)

Better then TGLB??? Say it ain't so!!

But seriously, I know what you mean. The AD6 is the real deal. It's stout and yet quite nimble in the hand. It's the same approximate size as my Fallkniven A1 PRO. The A1 pro has a solid reputation, but I'm pretty sure the AD6 can match if not outright out perform the former.

I know it. Better than the TGLB just in my opinion. Seriously drinking the AD6 koolaid right now not even gonna lie.

Damascus the res-c handle tangs and the micarta / g10 handle tangs are very nearly the same. There’s a slight amount of difference in material but not enough I feel like that would make or break the knife. They’re far more than a rat tail.

I know it. Better than the TGLB just in my opinion. Seriously drinking the AD6 koolaid right now not even gonna lie.

Damascus the res-c handle tangs and the micarta / g10 handle tangs are very nearly the same. There’s a slight amount of difference in material but not enough I feel like that would make or break the knife. They’re far more than a rat tail.

Oh I wont disagree, no sir. I may have more res c knives than I do g10 or micarta, but to me more infi is more infi, even if its just a little bit :)

I left one at my friends and his crazy ass fox terrier gave mines handle a good gnawing and both came out fine. I’m so glad the sheath stayed on. I rarely leave them anywhere, but I had bourbon brain.

I did some sharpening on mine last night and I too find it most awesome- It's a fantastic blade- but I've said that like about 5 times now LOL!
In the words of Christopher Walken "More Alpha Dog"

This thread is lacking pics if you already have those in hand... help a brother out :D.

Here ya go bikerector...
J5kOi59.jpg

S7aRoZS.jpg

...if I could take two, they would be a full tang ASH2 and satin AD6! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

For a long time, if I was truly honest with myself... I'd have to say my Euro Basic 6 would be about the perfect mid-sized Busse blade (Shhh, don't tell my Camp Tramp or SHE2's), but Dan SMOKED that blade with this release! The AD6 could easily be the one and done mid-sized INFI knife out there!!!:thumbsup:

The Swedge-like area on the back looks much sharper than it actually is. There is plenty of area there for batoning, yet it probably shaved valuable weight off the knife.

I second the “one and done” of this knife. And I’ve had a LOT of Busse and kin blades and kept very few in the end.

I love the doublecut finish too.

Attachments

• 3406262A-DC51-447B-8414-CE7B454186E3.jpeg
    3406262A-DC51-447B-8414-CE7B454186E3.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 24
The Swedge-like area on the back looks much sharper than it actually is. There is plenty of area there for batoning, yet it probably shaved valuable weight off the knife.

I second the “one and done” of this knife. And I’ve had a LOT of Busse and kin blades and kept very few in the end.

That swedge had me worried at first but once Jerry posted more pics and specifically stated that it was left with a wide enough flat spot for batoning, I was all in.

That swedge had me worried at first but once Jerry posted more pics and specifically stated that it was left with a wide enough flat spot for batoning, I was all in.

Same, but I gave it a shot based on the "it's still okay for batoning" thing (even though I don't really baton) and wasn't disappointed. It's not sharp whatsoever, plenty of flat spots left. It probably will beat up a baton slightly faster than a wider flat edge but that's nbd to me, just grab another stick or hit another spot on it lol.

The AD6 has definitely found a permanent spot in the rotation. For me, I'll take my Skelly Warden, AD6, and my Battle Saw. I think I could build a cabin with those three.

For some weird reason, I had shied away from the DC finish and sold a few really nice ones that were BIG DC. That was before I realized that BIG DC makes the best users! I had a SAR4 in BIG DC which Tim (@Apocryphiliac) has now and I realize now that that blade is an awesome user! Fortunately, I have a Satin user SAR4 or I'd be trying to talk him out of it. :D

Back