Photos Alpha Regulator in Oz

The awesome Alpha Regulator arrived yesterday. I love it!! It's going to be a great all rounder.

tumblr_pyd9a4xoM31siuc9oo1_1280.jpg

A neat little prezzie surprised me when I opened the box...
tumblr_pyd9a4xoM31siuc9oo2_1280.jpg

I smell a battle between these two in the not too distant future...
tumblr_pyd9a4xoM31siuc9oo3_1280.jpg

Great pics. My SanMai trailmaster is LONG gone. I should have rehandled it, rather than selling it. The rubber had become soft, and it would twist in hand while cutting/chopping hard because the rubber was moving on the tang...

Never had that problem with Resiprine C!!! Better tang design, and better material.

How is your hand doing, Rob???

Last edited:
I am hating you Robbo (in the nicest way) just now.... been watching my Reg (and elof's) sitting motionless since last weekend....

Great pics. My SanMai trailmaster is LONG gone. I should have rehandled it, rather than selling it. The rubber had become soft, and it would twist in hand while cutting/chopping hard because the rubber was moving on the tang...

Never had that problem with Resiprine C!!! Better tang design, and better material.

How is your hand doing, Rob???

I feel the TM coud do with a rehandle. It's loose just like you described.

The hand is getting there. I'm adapting, even tho it feels like I still have a finger. Playing guitar is certainly a difiicult adapting process.

I gave the AR and workout on some old seasoned flooded gum today. That stuff is hard!! But the AR chewed it up beautifully. The blade and edge geometery are spot on. Thin enough where it counts, but fat enough to give it some guts and strength.

I totally missed he Alpha Regulator... slow business induced hiatus... :( I hope to pick one up on the exchange! Great pic! Thanks for sharing!!!

I did not 'miss it's but I totally missed it. I'm limited for knife funds. So I don't often get to indulge (I spend 1k per month on student loan repayment) so that cramps my toy/fun budget.

It is an instant classic I had to pass on. If I sell a bigger chopper, or a custom, I might have to get one. But customs have been taking the "spare" money more recently.

Yeah, I understand... new business and a sticky fingered GM have put cramps in my toy fund! LOL

I did not 'miss it's but I totally missed it. I'm limited for knife funds. So I don't often get to indulge (I spend 1k per month on student loan repayment) so that cramps my toy/fun budget.

It is an instant classic I had to pass on. If I sell a bigger chopper, or a custom, I might have to get one. But customs have been taking the "spare" money more recently.
Are these alpha regulators not “custom” choppers? ?

I think the thickness at the spine and a full flat grind is genius.

I'd like to see one with a zero edge from the spine.

I'm surely going to pick one up in the near future. The price is just too good to pass up.

The hand is getting there. I'm adapting, even tho it feels like I still have a finger. Playing guitar is certainly a difiicult adapting process.
First I’ve heard about this. Best of luck with your recovery. As a fellow musician, the thought of injuring or loosing a part of my hands has always given me the shivers. I can only imagine. Good luck, Sir.

I feel the TM coud do with a rehandle. It's loose just like you described.

I had the end of my left pinky sheared off 9yrs ago. I’m not a musician and I only lost about about .250”, but it definitely affected my grip on the bar when I lift weights, especially pull-ups or deadlifts. It kinda always feels numb like when you get too cold, but in reality, it’s just not there.:( I kinda feel lame now bringing it up because it was so little loss. But I guess that’s kinda my point too, even just a little bit can make a big difference on something so important like fingers.

Ok, sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack the thread. I bet I know which blade will win.;) Not sure why I didn’t get one of these when I had the chance, such a clean, simple, useable design. As always, great pics.:thumbsup:

I had the end of my left pinky sheared off 9yrs ago.... It kinda always feels numb like when you get too cold, but in reality, it’s just not there....
That forever numb is indeed a weird feeling. I had a Pygmy bite my pinky years ago. Nerve damage is a strange thing....

I totally missed he Alpha Regulator... slow business induced hiatus... :( I hope to pick one up on the exchange! Great pic! Thanks for sharing!!!
For those who missed the original offering, according to Jerry:
Introducing the SYKCO "Alpha Regulator 9.5"

This killer cool full-height ground chunk of INFI, wrapped in Resiprene C, is destined to be offered on our website as a regular model at sometime in the near future.

Back