Am I CPK-spoiled?

So, with the help of Rob @beattheheat I was to able to get two CPKs in quite short time.
DEK1 and FK2.
And truth to be told......I am really not that interested in other fixed blades from other companies.
Like, the steel, grind, handles (man, the handle! The handles are absolutely my favourite thing. Love the small CNC texture, enough to provide some tactile feedback, but no hotspots or overly aggresive texture.), its just all there.

I am not sure how many CPKs are in Europe, but I am a very proud owner of two great models.

Very nice :) and those are 2 solid models.
I now only own CPKs for fixed blades. They've ruined all other companies for me. They have the perfect balance between toughness and cutting ability. I havent found such quality in other makers and their interactions and personalities of the CPK team, just top it off for me.
Now you need more :D
Keep at it!

After hanging around CPK for a couple years, I found myself using my other knives less and less. EDC2 was so handy I had quit carrying my folders. I sold all my modern folders except three. Then I started selling my other fixed blades.
I’ve always preferred fixed blades and I finally found the ONE... company. Close enough.
Enjoy!

I would agree that CPK has ruined me for all other fixed blade knife makers.

It's funny tho. When I found BF my fixed collection was all Beckers, Spyderco, Benchmade and a couple CRK's. To be honest, they were all really nice knives. A far cry from the garbage at the flee market stand that used to grab my attention. I dont have any reason to feel any of those knives would fail my intended uses (heavy camp and bush clearing). EVERY knife I owned got sold off inside 2 months of finding Busse and CPK knives.

In the last year, most of my Busse knives have been moved along as well. To clarify, I dont think CPK knives are BETTER than, Busse, just better for me. I think I currently own 7 CPKs with the Kephart otw. But I'm 99% sure that 6 of them are entirely unnecessary. The reason I got into these high end knives is because they are so good, one should last you a lifetime. For me, if I have a HDFK, no other knife is necessary. It can do everything I need and exceptionally well. The rest are just for fun.

CPK spoiled? Maybe. But that's no reason to stop!
20210204_113139.jpg
20210215_093416.jpg

To clarify, I dont think CPK knives are BETTER than, Busse, just better for me.
I'd maybe be less shy about generalizing. If you want a semi-fantasy knife, or something with a shark's face cerakoted on it, which you can still use to destroy a breeze block, then Busse has some great offerings. But objectively CPKs are better at doing what knives are supposed to do. I have a number of Busses, which at least for now, I'm keeping because they're fun knives. They do also make the occasional blade that's really good as a practical user in the field, generally their res-C handled models which are lighter, and for some reason generally sharpened much better. A great feature of INFI is that it’s easy to field sharpen.

But I've also spent over $1000 on blades from Busse that wouldn't cut butter. By contrast, I would bet anything, that when I get my K-18, it will comfortably outperform any large Busse I've ever handled.

Last edited:
I'd maybe be less shy about generalizing. If you want a semi-fantasy knife, or something with a shark's face cerakoted on it, which you can still use to destroy a breeze block, then Busse has some great offering. But objectively CPKs are better at doing what knives are supposed to do. I have a number of Busses, which at least for now, I'm keeping because they're fun knives. They do also make the occasional blade that's really good as a practical user in the field, generally their res-C handled models which are lighter, and for some reason generally sharpened much better. But I've also spent over $1000 on blades from Busse that wouldn't cut butter. By contrast, I would bet anything, that when I get my K-18, it will comfortably outperform any large Busse I've ever handled.
All I read was "when I get my K18"

So sad, so jealous... I remember the day the pre-order posted. I just had my vehicle go into the shop and $1200 seemed like a lot at the time. Cant BELIEVE I let myself miss that one. Now I'd fork over my left nut for one of those.

Some people know where they were when Kennedy got shot, others remember what they were doing when the towers fell.

For me, it will be (my best Hank Hill voice) "The K18"

All I read was "when I get my K18"

So sad, so jealous... I remember the day the pre-order posted. I just had my vehicle go into the shop and $1200 seemed like a lot at the time. Cant BELIEVE I let myself miss that one. Now I'd fork over my left nut for one of those.

Some people know where they were when Kennedy got shot, others remember what they were doing when the towers fell.

For me, it will be (my best Hank Hill voice) "The K18"
It was RIGHT after I blew my wad at Blade Show, but there was ZERO chance I was gonna miss out on my "hand and a half, stupid stuff" CPK:cool:

I'd maybe be less shy about generalizing. If you want a semi-fantasy knife, or something with a shark's face cerakoted on it, which you can still use to destroy a breeze block, then Busse has some great offerings. But objectively CPKs are better at doing what knives are supposed to do. I have a number of Busses, which at least for now, I'm keeping because they're fun knives. They do also make the occasional blade that's really good as a practical user in the field, generally their res-C handled models which are lighter, and for some reason generally sharpened much better. A great feature of INFI is that it’s easy to field sharpen.

But I've also spent over $1000 on blades from Busse that wouldn't cut butter. By contrast, I would bet anything, that when I get my K-18, it will comfortably outperform any large Busse I've ever handled.
I also have done as you. Sold almost all Busse over the last 2 years. Which was a lot! Kept 3 favorite. Fine geometry and amazing attention to details is what Nathan does in fantastic ways.

Last edited:
I would agree that CPK has ruined me for all other fixed blade knife makers.

It's funny tho. When I found BF my fixed collection was all Beckers, Spyderco, Benchmade and a couple CRK's. To be honest, they were all really nice knives. A far cry from the garbage at the flee market stand that used to grab my attention. I dont have any reason to feel any of those knives would fail my intended uses (heavy camp and bush clearing). EVERY knife I owned got sold off inside 2 months of finding Busse and CPK knives.

In the last year, most of my Busse knives have been moved along as well. To clarify, I dont think CPK knives are BETTER than, Busse, just better for me. I think I currently own 7 CPKs with the Kephart otw. But I'm 99% sure that 6 of them are entirely unnecessary. The reason I got into these high end knives is because they are so good, one should last you a lifetime. For me, if I have a HDFK, no other knife is necessary. It can do everything I need and exceptionally well. The rest are just for fun.

CPK spoiled? Maybe. But that's no reason to stop!
View attachment 1513250
View attachment 1513251

Man, I cant stop looking at those bright green TT scales. I didn't think I would like them..look great w/ the blue hardware. Awesome collect, by the way. I ordered a set of od green and ECAM for a DEK1 purchased off the exchange..and ordered two sets of tri tags w/ the DEK1 just ordered from last sale..I might need to see if the shop has any more of the bright green TT's..very cool :thumbsup:

Might road to CPK is very similar..pretty much the same experience.

Back