Am I CPK-spoiled?

CPKs have ruined all other fixed blade knives for me - there is literally no other fixed blade I want that isn't a CPK. In my eyes, CPK offers a product that is really hard to beat in terms of design & function, quality of steel & heat treat, fit & finish, and custom options (if you hop on a pre-order).

I have pared down my knife collecting. CPK makes up most of it. I mostly collect fixed blades and just have a couple folders for carry.

I have seven CPKs. The only other knife makers I will jump on whenever available is Matt Martin from Vehement Knives and Alan Folts, but fortunately I've gotten on Matt's books and won't get my knife order for about 18 months, and the odds of the books opening again within three years seem pretty low. The VK midtech runs are pretty infrequent, so between CPK and VK, my budget pretty much taps out. Alan's Minimalists are very affordable for full custom pieces, but those books also only open once every year or two.

And it's good every time I see something I'm tempted to buy to remind myself that no, I only collect three makers now.

I would agree that CPK has ruined me for all other fixed blade knife makers.

It's funny tho. When I found BF my fixed collection was all Beckers, Spyderco, Benchmade and a couple CRK's. To be honest, they were all really nice knives. A far cry from the garbage at the flee market stand that used to grab my attention. I dont have any reason to feel any of those knives would fail my intended uses (heavy camp and bush clearing). EVERY knife I owned got sold off inside 2 months of finding Busse and CPK knives.

In the last year, most of my Busse knives have been moved along as well. To clarify, I dont think CPK knives are BETTER than, Busse, just better for me. I think I currently own 7 CPKs with the Kephart otw. But I'm 99% sure that 6 of them are entirely unnecessary. The reason I got into these high end knives is because they are so good, one should last you a lifetime. For me, if I have a HDFK, no other knife is necessary. It can do everything I need and exceptionally well. The rest are just for fun.

CPK spoiled? Maybe. But that's no reason to stop!
View attachment 1513250
View attachment 1513251

Great collection !!! That og FK with OD handles looks great !!! I love those :)

Great collection !!! That og FK with OD handles looks great !!! I love those :)
⬆️ Why thank you, Sir. I find myself more of a micarta guy personally. Those OD g10 were just too pretty to pass on. And it seems to me the texturing of the slabs was not as defined, or refined as it were, for the FK1 to the FK2. The micarta and g10 dont have as noticeable a difference in "gripability" for me. Hey, great looking leather work!

Back