Am I right or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone,
Free speech has "NOTHING" to do with this issue!! Pierre,I don't agree with some of your views(& I don't),"you speak, I disagree"! That's free speech!! NO ONE COMES AS THIS ******* DID! "Don't" COME & SAY AMERICANS,9/11 GET OVER IT,YOU DESERVED IT"! NOT TO ME YOU DON'T!! YOU DO,& ARE IN REACH,YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!THERE IS "NO"DISCUSSION,YOU WILL BE HURT!!BOTTOM LINE!!
On the Troll, we should have "ALL" nailed him,not just a few!This person "DOES NOT BELONG"FREE SPEECH, NO WAY!! Blues & I have had disagreements(he has always been wrong)but we mail & discuss,WE AGREE TO DISAGREE ON ISSUES,we are friends!
To my Aussie Friend,surly you jest!! NICE!ME!!HA!! ALLOW YOU & ROG TO GET... ONLY IN YOUR DREAMS,,,,ONLY IF I'M AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD!!
jim

GUYS,
Think I can put this "FREE SPEECH" issue to rest!Pierre,Maui,Rog,Bill,ALL MEMBERS,If I walked up to you & your wife,or girlfriend & called her (SOMETHING INSULTING & UNCALLED FOR)"IS THAT FREE SPEECH"!! I think not!! You would "ALL" hand me my teeth!!THERE WOULD BE "no" debate!There "IS" a line,step over it & you pay!!THAT IS WHAT WAS DONE HERE!MY LADY WAS INSULTED!!!!Am I being too simple?? Don't you all see this!!
jim

Jim,

I agree with you but you just proved my point that political discussions have no place here.

The problem is balance: You can get just a little bit pregnant and the moment you allow one thread to promote a(any)political view, you have to allow them all. I just went to "take a tour" of the political forum and more than ever this is the place where political/religious threads should go.

To illustate your example, YES, I would crush you to death for insulting my wife/mother/ etc but in the first place I would not allow them to walk around the red light district at night!

As for the random troll trying to start WWIII, should we have had such policy in place at all times, this would have allowed to "out" him from the start and to simply ban him without even having to let him be published here. In my views, the problem is consistency.

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
Blues & I have had disagreements(he has always been wrong)but we mail & discuss,WE AGREE TO DISAGREE ON ISSUES,we are friends!

Jim,

I can't imagine how I could ever have disagreed with you about anything. :rolleyes:
(In the voice of the great and illustrious Foghorn Leghorn: "Sarcasm, I say that's sarcasm, boy!")

Friends? Well, you got me there, that one I have to agree with you on. :cool:

As to what's discussed on this site, as far as I'm concerned it's always been an open forum (well, at least with few exceptions) and there's no need to change that now just because a few malcontents want it that way. In my view that'd take away from what always made the Cantina a special place to visit.

Open Forum??? As I have always understood it, anyone can dance, to any tune they choose. Policy??? Just don't deliberately step on anybody else's toes. "Take it somewhere else"????? Been there, seen that....there ain't noplace else worth the bandwidth. "Go back to the way it was"???? Not for a while. It will take some time for the stuff to settle, and for the place to regain its' old, odd ambiance, but it surely will. "What's that got to do with Khukuris"??? EVERYTHING!!!!

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
Semper,
Congrats guy,"NOW " you ain't getting any M43'S EITHER!!
jim

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hide in your cold dark cave and watch! I ain't skeered of no Duck of Death! (not while I kin hide behind my keyboard, that is)

It will never cease to amaze me how disingeneous some people can be!

While pretending to maintain an open forum, they are the first ones to label someone while avoiding to answer about their lack of reaction when a posting is offensive (as long as it is not to them). Sorry can't be judge AND jury AND still apply for sainthood!

Fortunately, Uncle Bill and Rusty bring things back to perspective!

Pierre, there is a time to can-it, and this is it.

Why did you have to open this up again?

That's enough.

munk

I think you're right Munk.

We have all had a say or two -- or three -- and it's time to move on. We'll file it all just in case we need it.

Let's talk about HI village models for awhile. We need a break -- or at least I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back