Am I the only 1 who is excited about the firefly?

What's funny is that I'm actually not interested in either the K2 or the Firefly, but I think think it's more fun to have options, and you never know how your taste will change. I wasn't into the Yo2 at first either, but I'm flicking one of those right now.

What's funny is that I'm actually not interested in either the K2 or the Firefly, but I think think it's more fun to have options, and you never know how your taste will change. I wasn't into the Yo2 at first either, but I'm flicking one of those right now.

+ 1 for options

Sometimes just knowing that you can is just as fulfilling

Indeed, and it's sweet that all these high end designs are regular production, so no worries about having to go to the secondary market later.

I like the look of the Firefly. But I'm not a fan of liner locks or VG-10.

The Farid K2 looks awesome IMO. I will definitely pick one of those up. And I'm really looking forward to the Chubby as well.

But so far nothing compares to my Yo2-S90V. It is far and away my favorite.

I'm afraid I can't look past the Chubby. s30v, titanium, carbon fiber in a compact design that looks unbreakable.

the firefly have a really cool handle .. red can be cool too!!! orange would be better for me.

nice little blade,but just not liking the colors!if it was only in all carbon fiber i would own it.

I'll wait and see what people have to say about them once they hit the streets. The fit and finish doesn't really look to me like what a $200 knife should look like, at least based on the few photos I've seen so far.

I am but not for 200. Especially for VG-10 steel. No thanks. Maybe at 125-135 tops. Too many great knives out there with better steel for better prices.

I was excited about it 1.5 years ago when they released the "coming soon" pictures and information.

Then I waited, and waited, and waited.

I got over it sometime ago. Now that its here, meh.

ZT has done the same thing many times. Pre-release information can be so premature that the excitement wears down to nothing.

$210 is the MAP and what it'll go for next year. At KW it's "only" $194.70 right now!

Only $194.70 plus the cost to have Sketchen burn those hideous scales and put something classy on. It's gonna end up in the $320 range! I shudder to think...

I'd be in for $125. I hope MAP doesn't screw them on some of these niche models, and paint some of the the dealers into a corner.

I am but not for 200. Especially for VG-10 steel. No thanks. Maybe at 125-135 tops. Too many great knives out there with better steel for better prices.

I totally agree. This is $125 knife tops. I handled one at Blade and honestly wasn't impressed. Maybe they've improved it since then but I doubt it. MAP has caused significant inflation in knife prices and I suspect we'll see more of it.

I think the delay was caused by one of the small vendors Spyderco uses. If I remember correctly, Spyderco chose to stay with the vendor even after the problems. I have to applaud them for their loyalty but it did kill my interest in this knife.

I actually really like VG10 steel so I don't get all the complaints there... but I will still be waiting this one out, atleast to see some more input as they become more abundant, or possibly handle one first.
I kind of like the smaller size, for how bulbous that handle looks.

Back