Amazing Father and Daughter backpacking trip

Possibly the best post I’ve ever seen! You’ve got your priorities in order honorearth honorearth !

Thanks it was a great experience for us both.
I used to backpack with my dad alot and haven't gotten out into the backcountry like that in a few years. It was like hitting the reset button for me putting everything back into perspective and reminding me of what is really important in life.
In todays hectic fast paced and distracted society it's necessary to remember who we were and who we want to be. With all this screen time and social pressure being pushed on our children people are loosing skills, knowledge and respect for the real world faster than ever before. It only takes 1 - 2 generations to loose all the experience and ancestral knowledge that previously was handed down and expanded on for thousands of years. Best thing you could do is teach your children how to survive, work hard and show respect to help preserve the integrity of our species.

Love to see this quality time spent together.
Girls, they grow up so fast, i miss the time when I still could hold them in my arms.
thanks for sharing this

Excellent post. Congrats on taking the time for memories that I am sure will last a lifetime. I really miss the times when my daughter wanted to go camping or sit with me in a tree stand. Now it is all about school sports and boys. I don't mind the sports part but the boys, that is another story.

Garth

Excellent post. Congrats on taking the time for memories that I am sure will last a lifetime. I really miss the times when my daughter wanted to go camping or sit with me in a tree stand. Now it is all about school sports and boys. I don't mind the sports part but the boys, that is another story.

Garth
I hear you man Skya is going to be 11 in a few days and I know this time is precious all her friends are going boy crazy but not her so far. That has been my biggest fear as soon as I knew I had a daughter.

Back