• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Amazon -Any Gripes?

I pay for Amazon Prime. My last two orders, in stock and Prime eligible, have arrived in 3 and 4 days. I've contacted them regarding this. They have offered no explanation. It may seem like a small gripe. But I am paying for 2 day delivery. Amazon used to have very good customer service. Now I am getting the impression that Amazon has gotten to big to care.

You have to do you research before ordering knives from Amazon because their are counterfeit knives on there...I’ve bought several knives from Amazon and did some research before ordering..I always had good service for the most part..I’ve had best luck buying knives on Amazon that weren’t actually being sold by Amazon.when you aren’t buying from Amazon but dealers on Amazon,the free shipping usually goes out the day it’s ordered or the day after.when it’s not being sold directly from Amazon,my knife will usually show up 3 to 4 days after ordering...when ordering directly from Amazon and going with the free shipping(nonPrime members) they always drag their feet and it will sit around in a warehouse for a week before they finally decide to ship it out..if you are impatient like I often am,they will make you regret opting for the free shipping

You have to do you research before ordering knives from Amazon because their are counterfeit knives on there...I’ve bought several knives from Amazon and did some research before ordering..I always had good service for the most part..I’ve had best luck buying knives on Amazon that weren’t actually being sold by Amazon.when you aren’t buying from Amazon but dealers on Amazon,the free shipping usually goes out the day it’s ordered or the day after.when it’s not being sold directly from Amazon,my knife will usually show up 3 to 4 days after ordering...when ordering directly from Amazon and going with the free shipping(nonPrime members) they always drag their feet and it will sit around in a warehouse for a week before they finally decide to ship it out..if you are impatient like I often am,they will make you regret opting for the free shipping

Prime Member since the beginning. Have lived in the SF Bay Area. Have lived in southern Colorado where our town is too small (pop 800) for home mail delivery. I have no delivery complaints, enjoy the free shipping (most usually two days even out here), occasional next-day for Prime Members,streaming movies and TV free with Prime.

Just wanting to keep the rants a little more balanced. Amazon is not actually better than cold beer in a hot day, but its close.

Yeah still a fan. Went to the hardware store to get shear pins and got the wrong size. Went back the next day and returned them but they were sold out of the size I need. More coming "maybe next week". Ordered a set on Amazon and they'll be here tomorrow.

The local hardware store is a huge national chain so they march to the beat of their own drum. We've got a local weather event happening were a lot of folks are snapping shear pins but they won't alter their restocking policy and transfer some pins in overnight from another location. It's just not done that way.

I had good experiences with dealers on Amazon a mixed one with orders sold directly by Amazon.
Some of the latter ones were cancelled without email notification, others arrived without any problem on time, and yet others arrived later than advertised.

I have been a Prime member for years. Never really had any issues. Ordered one item that didn't show up, but I was refunded promptly. I'm finding that I don't get 2 day shipping on all "prime" items. I ordered a Cold Steel knife on a Tuesday and the delivery was Sunday. But when I ordered my wall mount for my TV I had it next day. Other than those inconsistencies Amazon has been pretty good to me (and me and my wife order a lot of items).

This happened a few times with third party sellers once purchased a watch which got shipped but for some reason was not trackable and never arrived but was promptly refunded.Others things like used dvds and out of print books were just not shipped and promptly refunded.

All these occasions, I believe the seller either priced their item to low,did not have the item, did not like the amazon shipping rates or simple did not want to sell it but chose to list it on amazon.

I ordered 2 Seattle Seahawks winter hats on Dec 26. The order shipped and tracing showed movement. Today I finally got my refund since the order never arrived. Amazon kept saying “if it doesn’t arrive by _____ you can reorder or get a refund”.

Bought a SpydieChef off of Amazon last year, sold by a large dealer, fulfilled by Amazon. What I got was obviously a return with snail trails all over the Ti scales. Buyer tries it, does not like it, returns it, Amazon returns people don't know new from used and back on the shelf it goes for the next customer. Seller was very apologetic and offered a return and refund. Same thing with a DMT diamond plate in the Fall, clearly scratched and used. Had to send it back as well and I marked the flaws so hopefully it does not go back on the shelf for the next guy.

From the news articles it sounds like they're changing the way they manage returns. Sound like most of of it goes for scrap now!

Did I actually read that someone got a shipped a clone from Amazon and they seemed all right with it simply because Amazon gave him his money back? If they can make someone feel good about that, they are even more successful than they appear.

Can you imagine their reaction if a dealer here sent them one?

By now everyone knows the scam, but here it is just in case: buy a real one from Amazon, a clone from somewhere else, and return the clone to Amazon. Not even Amazon deserves to be scammed, but a company of their size should have a way of keeping the fakes out of their inventory. They love to claim they care about the fakes, but little evidence they're doing anything about it.

I purchase a ceramic Gatco Tri-sep keychain sharpener from amazon with a few other items.The item arrived unopened in it's clamshell package.I open it to find it defective.It had several tiny pin like to small inclusions in the surface.I decided to exchange it and promptly returned mine but only to get the exact same returned item as my replacement.Talk about absurd.

I did reorder it a few months later and the new one is as it should be.Now whenever I choose to get a replacement instead of refund hold the item until the replacement arrives.

The local hardware store is a huge national chain so they march to the beat of their own drum...

If it's Ace, each store marches to the beat of it's own drum. My local store carries gun screws, of all things, that didn't show up at all on the Ace website. When I asked them about it, they said that each store decides how much of what hardware to stock. I buy locally when I can, I don't bother with Prime, and I only order things from Amazon that can come whenever. Items sometimes sit in my shopping cart for a month or two before I get enough items to qualify for free shipping. As to the ethics of the company, here's an indicator ... https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/01/02/counterfeit-maglula/ The issue is that Amazon knowingly sells fakes and refuses to stop.

If it's Ace, each store marches to the beat of it's own drum. My local store carries gun screws, of all things, that didn't show up at all on the Ace website. When I asked them about it, they said that each store decides how much of what hardware to stock. I buy locally when I can, I don't bother with Prime, and I only order things from Amazon that can come whenever. Items sometimes sit in my shopping cart for a month or two before I get enough items to qualify for free shipping. As to the ethics of the company, here's an indicator ... https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/01/02/counterfeit-maglula/ The issue is that Amazon knowingly sells fakes and refuses to stop.
As far as I know we don't have an Ace Hardware in Canada near where I live. If I have to drive 4 hours for parts I'll be going somewhere else.

Dedicated a day to go out and drive in the middle of winter to buy some shear pins just doesn't work for me.

As for Amazon vs. 3rd party resellers that aren't legit hopefully they can square that away and if a lawsuit goads them to do that good. It's a win for anyone who buys from there.

As far as I know we don't have an Ace Hardware in Canada near where I live. If I have to drive 4 hours for parts I'll be going somewhere else.

Dedicated a day to go out and drive in the middle of winter to buy some shear pins just doesn't work for me.

As for Amazon vs. 3rd party resellers that aren't legit hopefully they can square that away and if a lawsuit goads them to do that good. It's a win for anyone who buys from there.

Amazon's so big now, lawsuits are like water on a duck's back. For example, they clone popular third party products themselves and have for years. If you business depends upon Amazon for sales, when you sue, you lose your sales outlet and your business folds.

Unethical behavior can't be stopped by lawsuits in the US.

That whole Amazon copies products thing is another myth.

I'd say if you want to get mad at someone hit up cellular companies/smartphone makers. They're all copying each other and then flipping the products for massive markup.

Back