Ambush alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a huge disappointment. I guess I am mostly bummed out about the thickness at the tip. Thinking of a regrind. Anyone else have a similar story?

I was interested in the brute for a little while. Whichever one the same let one was. Looked like a good knife but couldn't find much on them.

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed, did you buy it through us?
Yeah ,it's my own fault though . I should have done. More research but there isn't much info out there . I'm not disappointed w the fandf at all the burlap micarta is beautiful. Is there anyway you could get it thinned out ,reground? I will pay whatever it cost , I hate to own a knife and not use it

If you have any questions I can help.
Thanks Jordan! i kind of slowly lost interest in the knife I don't really know why. Could you tell me when the elmax gunny hunters are projected to be delivered? I know I seen them on the schedule down the list a little bit for this year.

Yeah ,it's my own fault though . I should have done. More research but there isn't much info out there . I'm not disappointed w the fandf at all the burlap micarta is beautiful. Is there anyway you could get it thinned out ,reground? I will pay whatever it cost , I hate to own a knife and not use it
I think bark river will do that for free that knife is made by them I think

Thanks Jordan! i kind of slowly lost interest in the knife I don't really know why. Could you tell me when the elmax gunny hunters are projected to be delivered? I know I seen them on the schedule down the list a little bit for this year.

Its not possible for us to give a specific timeline as the dealer, but we are hoping for a few months or so.

I d
Yes, BRK can thin it out, though if your knife is stonewashed it will have to be converted to satin after the regrind.
I don't care about the finish ,that would be awesome! What do I need to do to move forward ? Thx again for your help

Recently I did more knife tip testing on dig/stab/pry, so learning more as I do tip tuning.

ZT0180 & Winkler tip ~7.5 dps <= this is primary blade grind angle, NOT to confuse with sharpening angle. However if it is a zero ground & sharpened, then yes - it has straight razor cutting edge.

Ambush Alpha 2nd Gen - 18.5 dps and 5 dps (under estimated due to outer-convex geometry)
ypVhwZi.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a huge disappointment. I guess I am mostly bummed out about the thickness at the tip. Thinking of a regrind. Anyone else have a similar story?

That's a shame. Who is making those knives for Ambush, if you don't mind me asking? They don't have their own shop, do they?

Honestly this is a vague post that reeks of personal preference and not a quality control issue, are you just complaining that it doesn't fit what you wanted or was there a legitimate problem with the quality of the knife?

I don't like seeing brands bashed when they did nothing wrong, personal preferences don't make a knife bad they just make the knife not the right one for you.

I was just bummed out about the thickness of tip I said f and f were good just wanted to see if I had any regrind options. I'm a big fan of Brkt and wasn't bashing anything just dissatisfied with the tip . Shame on me I guess huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back