America has been good to me this year!

Deal of the century, or Rip off?

• Total voters
Now..some of you may know me from previous post but I encourage 100% honesty/criticism on whatever topic I may bring up. With that being said, I spent a little tax return money on a Shiro NeOn Lite. A week or two goes by on my hunt for a Shiro, I quickly realize most of the prices were quite saturated as expected(I saw s30v variants priced at $650+). So I came across [a new vendor] and saw they had a Elmax NeOn Lite for *only* $550! I don’t think I could enter my PayPal info any faster.

So my question to you guys whom have been in the knife game longer, would you have snagged this deal? Or passed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd snag that deal if that's the knife I was looking for. [That company] is an amazing company, I'd buy their knives all day!

Pass. "Titanium frame lock flipper"-mania's bubble is going to burst soon enough, and this one seems pretty generic.

And who, or what, is "******"?

Last edited:
They're a company in California and I believe they're the first pass for all Shiros that hit the States.

If you were looking for one and are good with the price, it seems all good to me. The only Shiro that I keep oogling are the 111/CF/Fullers, but I can't really get myself to pour that much money into a single knife.

Nevermind. is a non supporting knife retailer that you are claiming has a great deal on a knife.
Yeah.. is the only authorized dealer of Shiro in the states if my information is correct.
I'd snag that deal if that's the knife I was looking for. an amazing company, I'd buy their knives all day!
I was looking at the Hati or the Neon as I don’t need a crazy big Edc for my career. This one is in Elmax which I’ve never worked with before so it’s just a “win-win” on my side! I’m super stoked to put one of my edges on this guy.

Yeah.. is the only authorized dealer ....

Yes, but they are not a BF-supporting dealer. You might want to double check the rules on "deal spotting" just to make sure you don't inadvertently run afoul of the mods! :thumbsup:

Yes, but they are not a BF-supporting dealer. You might want to double check the rules on "deal spotting" just to make sure you don't inadvertently run afoul of the mods! :thumbsup:
Post updated, picture was removed..hopefully this is enough?

Post updated, picture was removed..hopefully this is enough?

Ask the mod staff. I believe saying what a great deal you got from a non supporting dealer and giving the price constitutes a "deal spot," bit I'm hardly the authority.

Ask the mod staff. I believe saying what a great deal you got from a non supporting dealer and giving the price constitutes a "deal spot," bit I'm hardly the authority.
Hmm I see what your saying but the better half of me is dumbfounded by this “rule” as it prevents me from sharing my excitement of a knife purchase with fellow knife enthusiast who also solidify my purchase. Oh well..only the gods can tell. I mean mods.

You can share the excitement of a knife purchase without stating where you bought the knife.
Multiple posts have been edited. One warning with no points issued.

Pass.
But its a deal for a discontinued model.
And I prefer Elmax to s30v.

Pass. "Titanium frame lock flipper"-mania's bubble is going to burst soon enough, and this one seems pretty generic.

And who, or what, is "Recon1"?
Not just that, when it does bust, these super expensive production ones will take the biggest hit.

Pass.

Not just that, when it does bust, these super expensive production ones will take the biggest hit.

Pass.
You think even with it being Elmax? I know on the site the steel has nothing to do with value but that doesn’t seem true on the secondary market. Not to say I’m going to sell it, just curious.

Cool if this knife floats your boat.

But seriously , is this knife not the most plain and boring looking thing you've ever seen?

It's your money.
I mean I could say the same thing about the classic L21 Sebenza but look at how many people look that knife (myself included). At least this has some milling in the scales?

Though I wish the blade didn’t have that “greyish” hue to it. I’d much prefer a nice stone wash like the CRK

Back