Amk sharpeners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I would give you fellow hogs my experience with the service at AMK in case you were thinking of trying one their sharpers. Very disappointing.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/poor-customer-service-from-amk-sharpeners.1645573/

*** The owner has stepped up and wants to fix this, that has to be respected.
Lots of people just wouldn't care :thumbsup:

I updated the original thread, owner seems like a good guy after a longer calmer conversation :cool:

Last edited:
I'm really grateful for the warning.
I was SERIOUSLY considering buying one.

I'm really grateful for the warning.
I was SERIOUSLY considering buying one.

I still want one ! Lol.
Shame about the initial impression. I don't mind spending the $$ but if the customer service isn't there I get resentful really fast.
That sharpener could be a great seller if they had someone else handling their clientele, they lost out on a $750 sale today because whoever answered the phone was having a bad day or just has no people skills o_Oo_Oo_O

I talked with someone else who was interested in buying one and they said the person on the phone was helpful but short.... if I even got the helpful part I probably would have still bought one :(

That's insanely disappointing.. I don't care if you're selling me earwax remover, car parts or knife sharpeners; if you can't be nice go f$&# yourself!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was fortunate to have a great experience buying my AMK-75 from them; I had quite a few questions and they were always quite quick to answer.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was fortunate to have a great experience buying my AMK-75 from them; I had quite a few questions and they were always quite quick to answer.

So, you were obviously in contact with more than 1 person. That's encouraging.
I know anyone can have a really bad day.
But......in this world of internet and forums, ya gotta wander what that guy was thinking.

I wish my experience was the same! Would really like one. If you ever talk to them tell them about me, maybe someone answered the phone that shouldn't have, but wouldn't explain the unanswered email, when I told him about the email he right away asked where I was from because I included in the email I was from Ontario, and he got defensive about the fact they only sell domestically... which is fine but I have the means of someone there buying for me and shipping for me, which I tried to explain.

Last edited:
So, you were obviously in contact with more than 1 person. That's encouraging.
I know anyone can have a really bad day.
But......in this world of internet and forums, ya gotta wander what that guy was thinking.
Agreed, have to be careful in this day and age, one bad day moment to the wrong guy and business can go south, I'm pretty insignificant but some guys can really utilize the internet

Yes, this gentleman called me and said he was in Canada. I said, and I quote " I am sorry but we don't sell internationally" even to Canada.
(As a side note: international shipping is very difficult and a pile of paperwork).
He then proceeded to ask if we were going to the Ohio Knife show. I told him that we would not be attending that show but here is what we
may be able to do to help him.... At that point he hung up on us and the call ended. I can only guess that he got mad after I told him we
would not be at the Ohio show. If he would have waited about 5 seconds I was going to work out some way for him to cross the border and
pick up a system (which we have done several times). Because he would not allow me to reply the conversation end badly and without a
favorable outcome for him.

AMK, LLC has always made customer support before and after the sale one of our major goals. We have thousands of customers that can testify
to to that fact. We still would like to clear this matter up if possible and see if there is any way to get him a system.

In conclusion, if there was some miss communication on our part then I as the owner do apologize.

Sometimes, there can be misunderstandings. Especially with Canadians. They finish everything with Hey. First time I met one, I thought he wanted to fight. Hey! The only reason why things calmed down is because right after he insulted me, he said, "sorry".

But remember, the customer is always right. So I really do think that to make this right, you need to offer everyone on this thread a 50% off deal. :thumbsup:

Sometimes, there can be misunderstandings. Especially with Canadians. They finish everything with Hey. First time I met one, I thought he wanted to fight. Hey! The only reason why things calmed down is because right after he insulted me, he said, "sorry".

But remember, the customer is always right. So I really do think that to make this right, you need to offer everyone on this thread a 50% off deal. :thumbsup:
If that happens I want one too

Yes, this gentleman called me and said he was in Canada. I said, and I quote " I am sorry but we don't sell internationally" even to Canada.
(As a side note: international shipping is very difficult and a pile of paperwork).
He then proceeded to ask if we were going to the Ohio Knife show. I told him that we would not be attending that show but here is what we
may be able to do to help him.... At that point he hung up on us and the call ended. I can only guess that he got mad after I told him we
would not be at the Ohio show. If he would have waited about 5 seconds I was going to work out some way for him to cross the border and
pick up a system (which we have done several times). Because he would not allow me to reply the conversation end badly and without a

AMK, LLC has always made customer support before and after the sale one of our major goals. We have thousands of customers that can testify
to to that fact. We still would like to clear this matter up if possible and see if there is any way to get him a system.

In conclusion, if there was some miss communication on our part then I as the owner do apologize.

You should go on the link in the first post of this thread and reply in that thread too

I would say that can be the same with Americans, especially those who do not even know it is Eh, not Hey.... :)

That is why I carry both passports.

If this is the way it went down you would have had a sale yesterday ;)
I did hang up after I was made to feel like an idiot for tying to spend my $, that part is true.
On that note seeing as you took the time to write this I am still willing to work with you to buy one :thumbsup:
If this was the case of one or both of us having a bad day or simple communication error I will update the thread to a more positive one.

I'm going to lock this one for now until I see the outcome and update it!
It's a pain to try and carry this same conversation in 2 spots!
Will leave the one under feed back open :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back