Amsterdam Meet 2012 Report

I've been waiting for a video of the Starmate. I just love the design. Thanks for posting. Hope it is released this year.

One of my favorites of the Spyderco Prototypes this year, the Techno designed by Marcin Slysz. Eric Glesser gives a quick tour of this upcoming Spydie at the showfloor of the IWA in Nuremberg, Germany.

[video=youtube;oOSnQTJ3FkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOSnQTJ3FkI&hd=1[/video]

I'v been experiencing knife burn out so for a knife to catch my eye like the Tuff has is really saying something. It has made my ever decreasing short list.

My last video from the Spyderco booth at the IWA Show in Germany features a little bonus material. Eric Glesser wanted to show a new solid black handle they're working on for the Manix 2 Lightweight. I'm sure a lot of people prefer a solid black handle over the transluscent blue in the current model. I love the transluscent blue FRCP material on the Manix 2, but it's not for everyone. Some people have referred to it as a toy. A solid black Manix 2 Lightweight should be right up their alley.

[video=youtube;Wx7TAUe2K4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7TAUe2K4o&hd=1[/video]

Loving the Air, Southard flipper, and Techno. Looking forward to hearing more bout the Szabo. On the fence about the Pukko folder, like the looks, worried the blade may prove overly fragile. My Chokwe may just be good enough.
Actually, I found the video about the Manix handle design pretty interesting. Looks fairly easy to assemble too.

Thanks Mr. Blonde for each and every video and knife you share with us. Thank you. My wallet however may be less happy :)

My last video from the Spyderco booth at the IWA Show in Germany features a little bonus material. Eric Glesser wanted to show a new solid black handle they're working on for the Manix 2 Lightweight. I'm sure a lot of people prefer a solid black handle over the transluscent blue in the current model. I love the transluscent blue FRCP material on the Manix 2, but it's not for everyone. Some people have referred to it as a toy. A solid black Manix 2 Lightweight should be right up their alley.

[video=youtube;Wx7TAUe2K4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7TAUe2K4o&hd=1[/video]

Question - do you prearrange all these vids with Spyderco or work for them in any capacity? I'm just curious because I heard Spyderco had a "no video" rule in effect at SHOT Show this year and assumed that would carry over to other shows as well. They are interesting vids...

The Techno is a nice knife, however I found a decent alternative in the Boker Albatros (Anso design). Gotta save a few bucks here and there so that I can get the Szabo, Nilakka and Southard...:)

Question - do you prearrange all these vids with Spyderco or work for them in any capacity? I'm just curious because I heard Spyderco had a "no video" rule in effect at SHOT Show this year and assumed that would carry over to other shows as well. They are interesting vids...

I don't work for Spyderco (I wish), I'm just a collector. But I have met the Spydercrew a couple of times over the years and have been taking pics and vids of prototypes for a few years now. I always ask if it's OK and take extra care not to shoot/publish so-called concept models vs. the production prototypes I can show. Spyderco has been more than gracious in letting me take pictures and make videos. I'm not sure what was going on at SHOT; but I always ask first, discuss my question(s) to be answered in the video beforehand and try to make sure I'm not interfering with business clients at the booth (IWA is a trade show, not a public show). I think it also doesn't hurt that I know my way around past and present spydies.

Really digging the Southfork but I am worried about the price tag on a slab of S90V D:

Any idea on the retail price?

That Damascus Caly 3 is really blowing me out of the water. Has got to the best looking Spydie I have ever seen, and in a model of knife I am a really big fan of. The Caly 3 frame always appealed to me much more than the Delica frame, and that Damascus looks incredible! The carbon fiber and bolsters really seal the deal for me. Gonna put aside money for this one for sure!

I hadn't seen this thread untill today(don't know how I missed it), I shouldn't have looked. Does anyone know what the going rate on a kidney is on the open market?

Mr. Blonde, thank you very much for posting the photos and info. Also, I read that Spyderco will be making several small fixed blades. I'm not sure when though. Did you get any info on those or get a chance to see them?

Mr. Blonde, thank you very much for posting the photos and info. Also, I read that Spyderco will be making several small fixed blades. I'm not sure when though. Did you get any info on those or get a chance to see them?

Spyderco did show a few concept models for small fixed blades. Bladelength seemed around 3 inches. My favorite concept model had a profile, similar to an opened Native 5, but perhaps with a slightly bigger handle than the N5. These concepts are (usually) pretty far removed from production though, perhaps next year they´ll decide on a production prototype.

Really digging the Southfork but I am worried about the price tag on a slab of S90V D:

Any idea on the retail price?

I just pre ordered for $239.95 plus shipping. Supposed to be coming in April. Don't know if the vendor's BF approved but you need to look under Spyderco Fixed Blades at the website. Hiding in plain sight and all that.

Wasn't going to buy one, but you know how that goes... ;)

I just pre ordered for $239.95 plus shipping. Supposed to be coming in April. Don't know if the vendor's BF approved but you need to look under Spyderco Fixed Blades at the website. Hiding in plain sight and all that.

Wasn't going to buy one, but you know how that goes... ;)

Can you pm/email me the dealer info? Thanks!

Back