Amsterdam Meet 2012 Report

The Techno is a nice knife, however I found a decent alternative in the Boker Albatros (Anso design). Gotta save a few bucks here and there so that I can get the Szabo, Nilakka and Southard...:)

The albatross was junk...lock rock issues all across the board, FYI

:thumbdn::thumbdn:
The albatross was junk...lock rock issues all across the board, FYI

Mine has no problem whatsoever. Solid as a damned rock...Let me guess, you don't own one, do you? In that case you shouldn't pass any judgement.

But most of all, calling someone else's property (in this case my property, because as I wrote, I own one...) "junk" is just asking for trouble. As far as I am concerned, in this thread the only junk there is, is you, trying to be condescending and start flame wars. Review the way you interact with people, come back and I might give you the benefit of the doubt.

:thumbdn:

Last edited:

Mine has no problem whatsoever. Solid as a damned rock...Let me guess, you don't own one, do you? In that case you shouldn't pass any judgement.

But most of all, calling someone else's property (in this case my property, because as I wrote, I own one...) "junk" is just asking for trouble. As far as I am concerned, in this thread the only junk there is, is you, trying to be condescending and start flame wars. Review the way you interact with people, come back and I might give you the benefit of the doubt.

Christ dude. Calm down. That's his opinion and not everyone agrees with him although some do.

I forgot people arent allowed to have opinions around here..
As a matter of fact, sir, I owned two. The first one developed lock rock within 24hrs. Same goes for the second one that was sent for an exchange. I hold firm in calling it junk..and I believe I wasn't the only one to have these issues.

reminders: you may not post your opinions online. don't even think about it. moderators can see it through your seemingly harmless posts.

I forgot people arent allowed to have opinions around here..
As a matter of fact, sir, I owned two. The first one developed lock rock within 24hrs. Same goes for the second one that was sent for an exchange. I hold firm in calling it junk..and I believe I wasn't the only one to have these issues.

Look, your reading comprehension skills need sharpening. Your opinion is NOT the problem. The problem I have is with how you worded it.

If you had worded your dissent about the quality of the Albatros with something like for example "I have had that knife and it developed serious lock problems and therefore I can't speak positively about its overall quality", I would have understood you got a defective product and felt sorry for your bad luck.

If you reply to something I said calling the knife I own "junk", it just ticks me off. I am sure you wouldn't appreciate if anyone would describe anything you own (even more so if that product is perfect) or anything associated to yourself as "junk" (or "garbage" or "trash" or whatever else could be a good synonym). It's just a matter of manners.

Now, if you want to understand that, fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I wanted to make sure that you knew how I felt about this and I am sure I made my point. Hence I am done with this.

Sal Glesser talks about the history, development and features of the new Spyderco South Fork fixed blade, designed by Phil Wilson. There's a quite a bit of background noise that I tried to surpress as much as possible. At times it can be hard to hear everything, I hope you can still follow the story Sal is telling because I found it very interesting.

[video=youtube;Gm3Qs7oL3Ok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3Qs7oL3Ok&hd=1[/video]

Very nice video. :)

Can't wait to see this one. :D

I am very calm. I respect his opinion, my problem is with the wording of his opinion, NOT the opinion itself.

That's not how your original comment came across. I feel you overreacted about somebody's take on a knife. He didn't specifically call your albatros junk. After reading the original responses on the knife in the boker sub-forum, i would call it junk too.

That's all i have to say about that. I apologize for further derailing the thread. That pekka folder (Whatever it's called) is one of my favorites this year, very sexy looking:thumbup:

waiting on the techno...southard...nilakka...

Mr Blonde, thanks for posting all these pictures and videos.

Last edited:
Look, your reading comprehension skills need sharpening. Your opinion is NOT the problem. The problem I have is with how you worded it.

If you had worded your dissent about the quality of the Albatros with something like for example "I have had that knife and it developed serious lock problems and therefore I can't speak positively about its overall quality", I would have understood you got a defective product and felt sorry for your bad luck.

If you reply to something I said calling the knife I own "junk", it just ticks me off. I am sure you wouldn't appreciate if anyone would describe anything you own (even more so if that product is perfect) or anything associated to yourself as "junk" (or "garbage" or "trash" or whatever else could be a good synonym). It's just a matter of manners.

Now, if you want to understand that, fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I wanted to make sure that you knew how I felt about this and I am sure I made my point. Hence I am done with this.

if they have faulty issues, I call'em junk..Take care

I can't wait to see all these new knives at Blade show. I'm not much of a fixed blade kind of guy, but the Phil Wilson piece is just awesome looking, I had to preorder it

Last edited:
Wow the Southfork looks amazing. I haven't bought a fixed blade in several years but I think I need this knife.

I figure general outdoor use, Phil Wilson seems to make a lot of outdoor, fishing and hunting type knives.

It IS undoubtedly insulting to refer to anything another individual likes, as junk. There seems to be a lot of that kind of behaviour on Blades forum. It usually seems to be aimed at knives that are actually affordable by individuals who have spent way more money ,on a knife by another maker, that is objectively little better.
The rude individual ,in this case, claims to have owned the knife in guestion but that doesn't give him the right to smear all examples of that model. For example; my Emerson CQC 11 has the most off centre blade I've ever seen but I'm not claiming all CQC 11's are junk. If were to do so ,I'll bet a lot of people would take issue, if for no other reason than they know Emersons are expensive knives , and therefore must be good.

It IS undoubtedly insulting to refer to anything another individual likes, as junk. There seems to be a lot of that kind of behaviour on Blades forum. It usually seems to be aimed at knives that are actually affordable by individuals who have spent way more money ,on a knife by another maker, that is objectively little better.
The rude individual ,in this case, claims to have owned the knife in guestion but that doesn't give him the right to smear all examples of that model. For example; my Emerson CQC 11 has the most off centre blade I've ever seen but I'm not claiming all CQC 11's are junk. If were to do so ,I'll bet a lot of people would take issue, if for no other reason than they know Emersons are expensive knives , and therefore must be good.

It's refreshing to see that at least ONE person understood what made me upset and on top of that, he even agrees with it.

I underscored two sentences because in essence they tell exactly what I think about what that poster said.

Two thumbs up, great post!

Last edited:
if they have faulty issues, I call'em junk..Take care

It's a free world, you can use any word you want for anything. I just wish that someone instructed you in your youth that telling another person that an item he/she owns is "junk", is just truly awful manners...
Take care

I don't own a albatross, but my friend does, actually had it replaced with a 2nd one. both were complete junk haha.

Back