Amsterdam Meet 2014 Report of Upcoming Spyderco Prototypes

Thanks Wouter, excellent pix :)

2014 will be a good one. If all knives go into production I'll end up getting more Spydercos in 2014 than in prev. 15 years of knife collecting.
So far in my must have list:
Tatanka;
Farid K2;
PITS;
Rubicon;
Gayle Bradley Fixed - Really like it, but depends on the steel.

1) Rubicon - That is BEAUTIFUL!!!
2) Burch Chubby - Too fun not to own.
3) Slysz Bowie - Techno's bigger brother, what's not to like!
4) Dog Tag knife - Very neat.

Looks like it will be a Spyderco heavy year! Let's hope the Rubicon makes it out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Spyderco 2014 Production Prototype – Sam Owens ARK

The first knife that was shown and passed around all attendees, was the Sam Owens designed ARK prototype neck knife. The design apparently came about through forum discussions and ideas. The knife was meant to be carried everywhere and always. This particular design was intended to be a self defense tool for the military to help protect against rape attacks in the showers, from other servicemen. The ARK will feature H1 steel and an injection molded sheath.:eek:

What's the best way to remove coffee from your keyboard?:eek::confused:

...will buy at least 2 ARKs.... Unplug keyboard, allow to dry. Replug keyboard, use.

Sal,

A few questions:

1. What is the blade length of the Slysz Bowie?
  2. Was the Rubicon shown a Production Prototype or a Production Sample?
  3. Are the orange accents on the Rubicon final?

Thanks in advance.

Really excited about the Slysz Bowie. Pretty much fixes everything that I didn't like about the Techno (blue backspacer, thick blade stock, short handle). Definite buy for me. Interested in the K2 as well but not sure if I'd get it since it's not lefty friendly. I think the Frontier looks hideous yet I kind of want one.

Sal,

A few questions:

1. What is the blade length of the Slysz Bowie?
  2. Was the Rubicon shown a Production Prototype or a Production Sample?
  3. Are the orange accents on the Rubicon final?

Thanks in advance.

Hi RamZar,

I'm on-the-road, so the models are not available to me at this time. As I remember the Bowie was about 3.25 - 3.5". The Rubicon ws a prototype made from tooling, so closer to a production sample. The orange accents are final and match the designers model.

sal

Hi RamZar,

I'm on-the-road, so the models are not available to me at this time. As I remember the Bowie was about 3.25 - 3.5". The Rubicon ws a prototype made from tooling, so closer to a production sample. The orange accents are final and match the designers model.

sal

Thank you Sal.

So many awesome knives for 2014. K2, Slysz Bowie, ROC, Tatanka, Rubicon and Frontier. Keep up the great work Sal.

Last edited:
Frontier, K2, Roadie, Tatanka, and the Rubicon are all must-haves! I can't wait for the Rubicon.

Many awesome designs here, Mr. Sal. I especially like the understated style of the Slysz Bowie. More sweet knives for us, and that translates to more speedboats at the Glesser Marina.

Thank you Mr Blonde for all the photos. I'm drooling.

Sal, so awesome that you participate in the forums, thank you.

And farid, so good to see you comment as well.

That Rubicon looks awesome. And the Ronin2 would go nicely with my two Michael Janich-signed Ronins. Because of this thread, I also now need to find a Lum tanto fixed blade.

I can't wait for a new Ronin. The second hand market for the original is insane. Not in a good way.

As always, a huge THANK YOU, Wouter, for your photographs and efforts! And THANKS to Sal and everyone at Spyderco for always striving to be better. Too many new designs are calling my name...

Back