Amsterdam Meet 2016 Report of Spyderco Prototypes

I have an issue I'd like cleared up. This is the second Amsterdam meet where the Paramilitary 3 prototype was "mentioned/seen." Eric mentioned it in his video. So, why can't we see it? I understand Spyderco is featuring current or soon to be produced protos in Amsterdam and recently at SHOT, but why even show it now to a select few if the Paramilitary 3 is not soon to be in production? They've been teasing it around for over a year now, so, to say its far down in the queue, seems misleading in my opinion. By their own standards it seems that they shouldn't even be showing it or talking about it unless they were close to production.

I don't recall seeing or hearing anything concerning the Mantra series before it just showed up in production and in the 2016 catalog......perhaps I'm wrong here, but the Mantra series seemed like a total surprise.
No offense, but there are no rules. They do it how they see best and we are lucky to even get a glimpse of the best behind the scenes footage they do give us. It could be because it is not close enough yet, could be too thwart off Chinese fakes. Who knows, but it's their decision and we are not owed anything. Go along for the ride and enjoy what you get. No need to feel entitled to info on a knife.

No offense, but there are no rules. They do it how they see best and we are lucky to even get a glimpse of the best behind the scenes footage they do give us. It could be because it is not close enough yet, could be too thwart off Chinese fakes. Who knows, but it's their decision and we are not owed anything. Go along for the ride and enjoy what you get. No need to feel entitled to info on a knife.

I'm a good guy and know what you mean, even though when you say "but" after anything, what follows is exactly what you said you weren't going to do.

I realize they can do what they want, and we just have to take it. To assume I didn't realize that IS completely offensive. And, did I say or imply I was entitled to anything Spyderco does? Perhaps you are trying to transfer your feelings on this matter over to me and paint me the badguy? Fine, I'll ask tough questions because that's my nature. I give honest feedback on every knife I see from Spyderco, because I care about their product. I don't sugar coat things; because with my money, I buy what I truly like. If I don't like it I say I don't like it.

I would never suggest that little ole me has any power when it comes to how Spyderco does business. If that were the case I'd be carrying a PM3 right now and have a DB in white G10.

I was merely pointing out in regards to the PM3, the idea has been around way long enough to create a demand for it. The knife is gonna sell and yes it's eventually going to be copied. That's a good thing for Spyderco and a sad inevitability, but counterfeiting is hardly an explanation as to why they can't release a photo.

So, does anyone have any new info on the Bradley TAC 1s, like release date and price? And is the orange-peel finish a definite? Thanks.

So, does anyone have any new info on the Bradley TAC 1s, like release date and price? And is the orange-peel finish a definite? Thanks.

No info on release date or price but I think in the video posted Eric discusses the orange peel finish. Check it out.

VERY disappointed that the Sage 5 is G-10/CF Laminate! I hope Eric was wrong about that like he was on the Sage 3 and 4 configurations (wrong order).

wish they would have put phosphor bronze washers in the Nirvana rather than ball bearings, seems unnecessary on a non flipper knife. The new Magnitude is interesting, and the Bradley flipper looks like a winner.

VERY disappointed that the Sage 5 is G-10/CF Laminate! I hope Eric was wrong about that like he was on the Sage 3 and 4 configurations (wrong order).
I agree. Kind of worn out on the C.F. Sages

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Great information in this thread. Really excited about the Sage 5. Using the compression lock is a great idea.

Back