An interesting discussion after one of my classes

Note, shameless self-promotion follows!
You've been warned!

Okay, you know you're a science geek when you can stay after class talking with the instructor about course material in a 300 level Astronomy class for up to a half an hour after each lecture.

Then, you know that the instructor likes your attitude in the class when he mentions that his TA is graduating at the end of the semester and needs to find a new one for the fall and is wondering if you're interested in the position.

Of course, the chances of this panning out are limited do to the fact that I had better ace the class before he'd be interested in hiring. Well, other than the personal satisfaction of doing well in the class and getting an inflated GPA this term, it looks like I have the added motivation to do well because it might help me secure a new job!

but it's not truly warranted. I mean the instate tuition at UMCP is only like 2600 a semester for fulltime students, and the school has payment plans where that can be paid off in 5 instalments.

Great, now I know who to email when I have problems in my Astronomy class! ;)

Ryan

Nice going Bob!!:)

I'd say go for it--those kind of recommendations are pure gold down the road.:)

What are you planning on doing career-wise when you get out? Grad school?

Right, Rob -- money in the bank.

I paid $65 per semester tuition -- seems that prices have gone up during the past 50 years.

Being a TA will definately look good on the resume. I'd take it if they offered. However, my performance in school was not spectacular. Now I panhandle for a living. :D

Got any spare change? :) Study hard or you will become like me. Barely literate and on the street. ;)

Back