An Old Warhorse

I spoke to soon after closing that auction. The seller had sold it while leaving the listing up. It did land with someone in the extended communities though. I should have just grabbed it a year ago.

Cheers
GC

Yes, I added page shots of Neuman's book and had originally posted them to a myArmoury thread April 25th, 2008. I had moved to mostly an interest in 18th and 19th century swords by 2004, with little looking back. I recently added another 17th century piece shortly after the reproduction walloon auction turned out to be sold some months ago (to surface in the extended family). This new/old to me piece is a cut down blade with an early smallsword hilt, the blade possibly a century earlier (16th century).

DSC00512.JPG DSC00514.JPG 1019.jpg DSC00527.JPG
Soon after again filling the bucket list with an Argentine 1909 artillery bolo.

I fell off the wagon again and adopted an early Christmas present. An Armart hilt and Darwood Armoury blade with a Vladmir Cervenka gold and silver wire grip.

View attachment 1203767 View attachment 1203768 View attachment 1203769
kubjKE7.jpg

KMns1kf.jpg

An irony in that I had just acquired the old sword watching this appear almost exactly a year ago, weeks after getting the period piece.

Cheers
GC

Nice!
Blued or Japanned hilt?

I'm not sure what the finish is. I wish the sale had happened. It may surface again with more description.

Cheers
GC

Back