An oldie but a goodie!

I have videos that I watch every 6 to 12 months or so just to make chuckle. Here are 2 gems. Sorry for some recycling or if you have seen this before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hAENzPFets - Original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsR0S4Zv0DI - 2 year follow up

These were some of the notes I took the last time I watched the video:

Here are a few other technical features that you'll need to be familiar with to intelligently converse about the GSO what ever the hell this is as well as some general things you should be aware of when you discuss this knife:

Fire notch - AKA bow drill divot
kind of deal there or that is or tight configuration here - AKA hidden lanyard hole at the pommel
Saber ground blade da de da de da whatever - that describes the blade grind
configuration - this can mean several things up to and including a type of grip or possibly a handle you can also use smaller situation - Obviously these can be use interchangeably
striking a rod this that or the other - means using the spine of the knife to create a spark with a fire steel
90 degree back - means the knife has a spine with a 90 degree angle
having no indication on the website to ask for that - this means you can't ask about the features of the knife on the Survive! Knives web site
16 oz knife, a hair over and not enough to matter - this actually equates to 12 oz - again knife hip-speak

when describing the manufacturing of the GSO "what ever the hell this is" or WETHTI for short, please be sure to refer to as "good manufacturing techniques this that or the other da da da" - this will clearly prove that you are in the "know" about the knife

Insteristingly enough the review has solved the mystery of creating a fire notch using rounded corners....How (And this should be obvious to many of you) by not having any square corners just for ergonomics this that or the other

Also he has very advanced techniques for cutting "when I cut something I am going to come down on it and cut the blade through it" I've never thought about cutting that way...pure genius and fortunately for us he's not competitive rope cutting "all the time" otherwise we wouldn't have a chance at winning, especially with his revolutionary technique.

Tragically because he speaks in such an ethereal manner we have to guess, or to show our ignorance ask, as to the meaning of comments such as:
"you can't go to Survive! Knives right now and them have a knife that's this exact description"

"they go up to a 5.1 and have a 7.0 which I don't believe this is..this would be more of a 6.8 given their nomenclature and they don't have a picture of the 7.0 and the have a 10 or a 12 this that or the other da da da"
"design limitations or these limitations he's put on the knives by design"

"the knife.......he's addressing some of those issues years later, because if anyone knows that video was on the other channel...then I imported over to the new channel and I don't know how old the new channel is but I am saying it's coming up on a year and a half, so this was probably a couple of years ago"

"it's like I go into a restaurant, I am not going to tell you what is wrong with your cooking, if you serve me something and you are a competitor the last thing I am going to do is tell you is every little detail of your design with your this that or the other"

"in two years later this knife is a going to be a better product"

"as I said, if you are my competitor......you know.......the last thing I do is basically is sit there and give people the ins and outs of the industry this that or the other and dar dar dar or even get into whatever I do."

"the extreme chamfering he does on this thing, why? I assume it's the way it goes into the sheath I have no earthly idea I don't care..I wouldn't care if it was me but it's my own thing"

"it was just an absurd situation with an absurd set of preconceived concepts ideas this that or the other that one would have to know and the only way to know that if you're watching a bunch of youtube videos or watching a bunch of forums this that or the other it was just insane"

Other terms of note that can have general meaning to describe other features of the knife or to complete the description of a feature of the knife
neither here nor there
this that or the other
Da de da de da

Lastly one buys a knife because of the sheath - "one of the best sheaths I've seen....which was the only reason I addressed the knife in the beginning" please excuse me for paraphrasing I omitted several ahs and ums as well as skipped any stops and starts of the statement.

Ahhh... I remember these videos!
The dude is a Ruprecht.
13918f57170a234d37eabf68921da279.jpg

Oh man, gunskniveswatches is RIDICULOUS! Whiney, contradictory, borderline incoherent. I watched some of his other videos back in the day. Most are just has belligerent and nonsensical. Definitely good for a laughn though :D

Back