An ugly Khukuri Contest challenge for those who enjoy BIG knives

Longest is longest, widest is widest and thickest is thickest. That seems the most sensible.

I am confused, but having a good time! Kinda like life.

Thanks for the contest. I vote for Uncle Bill's bottle opener.

Bill

(kinda like life indeed)- deluxe YCS blem by Sanu: LOA 17"; width 2 9/16"; thickness 13/32". Win on thickness

Attachments

• ycs.jpg
    ycs.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 174
It seems that Berk understands the rules. I think that he should win because it may be that he is the only one, besides n2s that does understand.

And unlike me, he knows how to stay on topic.

I am gonna take my new Sanu YCS out in the woods and chop something down or maybe chop something up.

Maybe chop it down and then chop it up. You can tell that I have a lot to do this Sunday morning!

It is great therapy and gives a few more tiny character marks on that big YCS blade and I like that.

Me, dressed for the woods.

OAL = 6'2"; width=24"; thickness=13" Win on looks

Remember, this thread hangs under the threat of deletion if I don't win something.

Great stuff and some of it good for a couple of AM chuckles.

19th century dvi-chirra khukuree - LOA 17 1/4", width 2", thickness 5/16"; win on length (just barely ;) )

I take it what one really needs to win (assuming that one's opponents have essentially an infinite number of pieces, which, in this case, seems a reasonable assumption) is the Sword of all Swords which is 8 feet long, and 2 feet across and 1 foot thick...

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Remember, this thread hangs under the threat of deletion if I don't win something.
To avert the possibility of such a disaster, I hereby offer the following Prize for the Entry with the Largest Cho in Proportion to Blade Size: an authentic Chinese knockoff (top) of a genuine Swiss Army knife (bottom). And that's not all! - featuring exotic Oriental hardwood scales (2 different kinds of wood) with a hand-applied Walosi special TruOil/ArmorAll finish! Truly one of a kind!!:p

Ben - beautiful khukuri. I'll let that stay for a while for folks to drool over till I blow you out of the water;) Seems to me the winning strategy is to hang on to your longest, widest and thickest knives, with descriptions already pasted in the word processor, and be ready to snipe the last entrant at one minute before the contest ends:D

Originally posted by Berkley

Ben - beautiful khukuri. I'll let that stay for a while for folks to drool over till I blow you out of the water;) Seems to me the winning strategy is to hang on to your longest, widest and thickest knives, with descriptions already pasted in the word processor, and be ready to snipe the last entrant at one minute before the contest ends:D

Thanks Berk - I don't have an exceptionally long, wide or thick knives, so I'm just using the contest to show off my bits of my collection ;)

Never mind, John Powell is sending some pics to post, and then things will start to get interesting. In the meantime: the very first HI kothimoda, hand-carried from Nepal by Uncle Bill. LOA: 17 1/4"; width: 1 13/16"; thickness: 1/2". Win on Thickness

Attachments

• hi kothimoda.jpg
    hi kothimoda.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 132
Berkley,

Thanks for the consolation prize - may it appease the worshipers of the BIG cho.

Ben,
Nice khukuri, here is the one he would have had as kid.

(not a contest entry)

n2s

Attachments

• kids khukuri.jpg
    kids khukuri.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 118
Berk is still running in the lead with his Kothimoda. With 2/5 of the race completed can he hold.......

Here is the lead entry:
LOA: 17 1/4"; width: 1 13/16"; thickness: 1/2". Win on Thickness

n2s

Contest starts when I post a picture and ends Friday April 26th at 7PM.
7 PM when?
MY BF software is customized to show local (Central Daylight) time. Are we going by Florida (Eastern daylight), Zulu (BF default I think) or what?
Already setting up the autosnipe program...
:)

Nepal time, of course. And remember it's ofset 45 minutes!!!
I knew they used a different calendar, but this is the first I heard about a different clock!:confused:

That should be 7:00PM eastern. But we can just as easily make it Nepal local if someone can figure out when that would be???????

n2s

About 7:45 AM the 27th.
ABOUT?
I'm so (can I say "anal-retentive" on a family forum?) I have software to synchronize my computer clock with the atomic clock at the Naval Observatory, and you're talking about 45 minutes, plus-or-minus somethingorother, as a time:eek: The autosnipe software is going to go into permanent error mode when it hears about this!

How about we just leave it at 7:00 PM Eastern. That 7:45AM +/- stuff can really put a damp on my disco nights.

n2s

For what it's worth most Nepalis think we are crazy setting the clock up an hour and back an hour. Their comment: "Only God and the US Government can change time!"

Back