...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

Received my Maroon Micarta version today and it is nice, the pull is 6ish and it is not quite as big as I was afraid it was going to be after looking at some of the comparison pics in this thread. It does fit into the slip that was provided but I am still wondering how it is going to print in my front pocket. I normally carry large modern knives, ZT's/CRK/MT etc., but they all have clips and are somewhat hidden by my untucked shirt tail. Oh well, we shall see...may turn out to be a weekend only carry.

I have had mine in my rfp since mine arrived.
It doesn't print at all.
I use a couple safety pins to form a vertical sheath in the pocket.

This knife is no bigger than my Case Panama trapper. Carries easy.

Could this be a regular production Northfield #97 or is it some kind of SFO?

Sure looks nice! :thumbsup:

sR69tXT.jpg
Well , it does have the Northfield Blade and Bolster and it does look pretty nice . It will be interesting to find out whose run it is .

Harry

Well , it does have the Northfield Blade and Bolster and it does look pretty nice . It will be interesting to find out whose run it is .

Harry

Hello Harry

It is a nice looking knife. Mike @knifeswapper posted it was likely part of the Oregon Knife Club run.

Makes me want to drive a bit north by northwest!

Have a great evening.

It is a nice looking knife. Mike @knifeswapper posted it was likely part of the Oregon Knife Club run.

Have a great evening.
It seemed to me he was saying it was possibly "overrun" of the knife club knives? As if to say they might be available to others? Did I read that wrong?

Hello Harry

Have a great evening.
The Oregon Club Knife does not have the Nail Nick and Long Pull Blade in it , nor does it have the Lined Bolsters either . I am more inclined to believe that they are the blades made for a Possible Stag handled run .

Harry

The Oregon Club Knife does not have the Nail Nick and Long Pull Blade in it , nor does it have the Lined Bolsters either . I am more inclined to believe that they are the blades made for a Possible Stag handled run .

Harry

Harry,

Great minds think alike!

That's my hope as well. One can dream and keep an eye peeled at the same time. :D

[edit] [21:20 pst]

Yikes! Looks like I stand corrected -- Just found these two pictures on the GEC blog :eek:

Looks like @knifeswapper hit the nail right on the head :D

0FTO4pd.jpg

odg5QEd.jpg

Last edited:
I still can’t get around the double pulls. It looks ok closed but when the knife is open it ruins the lines for me.
That said, I’m a big fan of that spear shield and the jigging looks great so I may need to reconsider.
Compare that to the bone Tidioute I have on order. It looks like my 5 year old ran the handles through his Play-doh machine.

View attachment 1095195

I don't like the double pulls either. I wanted an ebony tidioute and they didn't make them but these bone tidioutes look very nice. I like the wide and smooth jig, it has the "old" gec look to it. At least, that's my perception.

Great minds think alike!

That's my hope as well. One can dream and keep an eye peeled at the same time. :D

[edit] [21:20 pst]

Yikes! Looks like I stand corrected -- Just found these two pictures on the GEC blog :eek:

Looks like @knifeswapper hit the nail right on the head :D

0FTO4pd.jpg

odg5QEd.jpg
The beaver shield is flipped around for these SFOs...wonder why?

The beaver shield is flipped around for these SFOs...wonder why?

Darren,

I've seen them pointing both ways on several different knives over the years.

Sometimes the beaver is helping cut and sometimes he's on his back :confused::p

Don't know of any real rhyme or reason though :confused: bit of a dark hole?

Reminds me of the dog painting in "Goodfellas" :p

Darren,

Mom, stop painting religious pictures, please!

Darren,

"One dog goes one way, one dog goes the other. And this guys says, Whatya want from me."

Back